Updated June 15, 2005 Sales Representative
Professional Training Services
The Center for EcoTechnology is a 35-year old non-profit organization that helps people carry out their daily activities with less environmental impact. We provide practical solutions that save energy, materials and money and have a positive impact on our environment and community. The Center for EcoTechnology serves residents, businesses, and communities through our offices in Pittsfield, Northampton and Springfield.
We are looking for a Sale Representative to sell our Professional Training services. This position is responsible for all sales activities from lead generation through close. The position will achieve sales goals for the Training d epartment through outreach to contractors, remodelers, builders, building officials, architects, HVAC companies , lumberyards, HVAC supply houses, and others. Th is position will also give input into the marketing strategy and materials used for Professional Training Services and will assist in the implementation of the marketing plan.
This full-time base salary plus commission position reports to the Director of Training and Green Building Services .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
o BPI certification classes
- Sell professional training services, including facilitating the completion of required web forms and accepting payment.
- Maintain and enhance existing relationships and develop new relationships to dramatically increase professional training services revenue , i ncluding revenue from:
o High Performance Construction trainings
o Diagnostic testing trainings
o Energy code trainings
o Weatherization training
o Other home energy efficiency trainings
- Focus on the development of relationships with companies that can send multiple attendees to trainings
- Develo p and implement strategic sales plan to accom plish sales goals
- Analyze sales statistics to align or realign quotas and goals based on market changes
- Understand and utilize pricing structure to prepare proposals for training customers
- Deliver sales presentations to key customers as needed
- Provide input to Professional Training S ervices marketing approach and content
- Meet with key customers to maintain relationships, negotiate and close deals
- Analyze and control sales expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potentials sales and areas of proposed client expansion
This position can be based anywhere in Massachusetts or neighboring states. Position will involve significant travel throughout Massachusetts.
- College degree and 3 years of related sales experience
- 2 years of experience in construction -related business and techniques.
- 2 years of marketing and computer experience working in databases, desktop publishing, spreadsheets, and word processing
- Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation
- Professional appearance and professional communication style in business setting
- Ideal candidate will have existing relationships with contractors throughout Massachusetts .
- Ability to work independently and in an organized way. Demonstrated ability to track and report results.
- Knowledge and experience researching information (online, print and telephone)
- Work-style – flexible, self-directed, professional, hard-work ethic, patient, works well independently and with others .
The Center for EcoTechnology offers competitive pay rates and a comprehensive health plan which pays approximately 60% of the individual’s health insurance costs. New employees are eligible for health, dental and disability insurance after 30 days of employment. New employees accrue 10 days of paid vacation leave per year, 9 sick days and we offer 12 paid holidays. CET is an equal opportunity employer.
Send cover letter and resume via email to:
Penny Collins, Payroll/HR Specialist
112 Elm Street, Pittsfield, MA 01201
E-mail submission of resume and cover letter is preferred
Monster - 12 months ago