Provide support to the practice in the functional areas of clerical, clinical and business under the direct supervision of a Nurse, Nurse
Practitioner, Physician Assistant or Physician.
Post secondary training or equivalent experience
Certified/registered as Medical Assistant within 6 mos if hired after 11/28/2011; OR pending CMA/RMA status to obtain certification/registration within 6 mos of hire
Major Responsibilites :
1. Performs clinical duties such as assisting provider in examinations, procedures and obtaining vital signs.
2. Cleans instruments and exam rooms as needed.
3. Prepares instruments for sterilization as required.
4. Orders and stocks exam rooms with appropriate medical supplies.
5. Calls in prescriptions as directed by the provider.
6. May schedule pre-admission and diagnostic testing, follow up with patients after surgeries.
7. Performs administrative duties including answering telephone inquiries, scheduling, organizing patient charts, filing, pulling and copying patient records.
8. Maintains and adheres to established Core policies and procedures and federal regulations, including, patient confidentiality, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Exeter Hospital - 21 months ago