Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (NCEZID), Division of Vector-Borne Diseases (DVBD), Arboviral Diseases Branch (ADB), in Fort Collins, CO.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions in multiple locations.
NOTE: This is position is being advertised for a TERM appointment not-to-exceed 2 years. At management's discretion, appointment may be extended an additional 2 years without competition.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Background investigation required.
The incumbent will serve as an Administrative Support Assistant and be responsible for performing a variety of administrative tasks required to support the work of the organization. Incumbent will receive, assess, route incoming and outgoing materials such as controlled or routine correspondence, reports, memoranda, and other forms of written communication. Perform office automation duties to include preparation of ad hoc and reoccurring reports, forms, correspondence, and presentation materials which may include complex graphs, charts, and tabular materials. Complies, organizes and tracks program data. Manages the appointment and meeting schedule for the Director. Serves as point-of-contact for scheduling meetings and conference rooms. Answers questions, resolves problems or issues, and facilitate organizational business. Purchase supplies, equipment and other materials utilizing prescribed purchasing guidelines and procedures. Incumbent must be able to type 40 words per minute and have experience using a personal computer and a variety of software to perform word processing tasks.
Minimum Qualification Requirements for an Administrative Support Assistant, GS-0303-5.
Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-4 grade level in the Federal service, performing administrative tasks to include receiving and routing incoming and outgoing materials such as controlled or routine correspondence; preparing documents such as correspondence, forms, and reports; maintaining appointment and meeting schedules; receiving calls and visitors and responding to general inquiries, answering procedural questions and ordering and tracking equipment, supplies and services.
Have four years of education above high school (120 semester hours or 180 quarter hours) leading to a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Have an equivalent combination of specialized experience as described above and education. Only education in excess of the first 60 semester hours (i.e., beyond the second year) is creditable toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. One full academic year of study (30 semester hours) beyond the second year is equivalent to 6 months of specialized experience.
Minimum Qualification Requirements for an Administrative Support Assistant, GS-0303-6.
Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-5 grade level in the Federal service, performing administrative tasks associated with the management of an office; performing correspondence and information control duties and ordering and tracking equipment, supplies and services.
Minimum Qualification Requirements for an Administrative Support Assistant, GS-0303-7.
Have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-6 grade level in the Federal service, performing administrative tasks associated with the management of an office; performing correspondence and information control duties and ordering and tracking equipment, supplies and services.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/ .
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees . Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Category rating procedures will be used to rate and rank candidates. The category assignment is a measure of the degree in which your background matches the competencies required for this position. Qualified candidates will be ranked into one of three categories: Best Qualified, Well Qualified or Qualified.
The Category Rating Process does not add veterans' preference points but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligibles who meet the minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category (except in the case of scientific or professional positions at the GS-9 level or higher). Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Knowledge of administrative and/or program support activities.
2. Skill in using computer word processing, database programs, and other computer software.
3. Skill in written communication.
4. Skill in oral communication.
The Federal Government offers a comprehensive benefits package. Explore the major benefits offered to most Federal employees at http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/Interactive/Benefits#icc .
If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming 5-points veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 or other proof of eligibility. If you are claiming 10-point veterans' preference, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference" plus the proof required by that form. For more information on veterans preference see http://www.usajobs.gov/Veterans .
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov ).
For information on "People with Disabilities" please visit http://opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap . To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
usajobs.gov - 21 months ago
Indian Health Service's mission is to provide health care and related services for American Indian and Alaska Natives, as well as their...