Sourcefire, Inc. (Nasdaq:FIRE) a world leader in Cyber Security is transforming the way Global 2000 organizations and government agencies manage and minimize network security risk. Sourcefire's IPS and real-time adaptive security solutions provide security for the real world of dynamic networks and escalating threats. Today, the names Sourcefire and Snort have grown synonymous with innovation and Cyber Security.
Sourcefire is a dynamic environment that inspires employees to create opportunities by honing their talents and skills every day. Employees are self-motivated, results driven and engaged. We recognize and reward quality results and commitment to our company's purposes and principles.
We will consider candidates interested in working remotely or telecommuting, and who are willing to travel to Columbia, MD (HQ) from time-to-time.
Develop and maintain the ClamAV engine and corresponding software. This includes writing parsers for various data formats, implementing new virus detection routines and other functionalities, as well as ensuring software quality and reliability. Additional responsibilities include participating in the open source mailing lists for ClamAV, helping users and other analysts with setup, installation, and usage of ClamAV tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Education, Skill, and Environment
- Write new code (parsers, detectors, matchers, etc.) for ClamAV
- Test code and ensure its quality and reliability
- Work on incoming bug reports (analyze problems, propose solutions)
- Implement additional features as requested by VRT
- Interact with the ClamAV community on mailing lists and other public forums
Education and Work Experience
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Previous work experience not required.
Equipment and Applications
- Comprehensive knowledge of C and C++.
- Good knowledge of Linux and GNU development tools (gcc, gdb, etc.).
- Knowledge of popular file formats (archives, documents…).
- Experience working with ClamAV.
- General knowledge of malware and virus infection techniques.
- Good analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Good organization, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver projects on time
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and to take on additional tasks as required.
- Ability to work with small teams to solve complex problems.
- A drive to succeed and a passion to solve difficult problems.
- PCs and various software applications. The preferred development environment is Debian GNU/Linux running on a 64-bit machine.
- No special physical requirements.
- Moderate to high levels of stress may occur at times.
- Fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Extremely talented and experienced team members and mentors.
Sourcefire - 19 months ago