BSR Conference Program Manager ( Contract Position From mid-April- to mid-November 2013)
Full time position in either New York or San Francisco
- Working with BSR staff and the Conference team, manage the content creation process for the BSR Conference 2013.
- Work in conjunction with BSR’s internal teams to organize and manage conference content throughout planning process.
- Oversee the coordination of the internal staff submission process, including management of the information reporting systems.
- Run the speaker recruitment/confirmation/management process.
- Track all relevant conference information related to speakers, sessions, and staff schedules in shared database.
- Act as an active content contributor and manager able to research, identify, and recruit industry luminaries for conference sessions.
- Act as the main BSR contact for conference speakers.
- Gather logistics information for staff and speakers and work with travel agency in making speaker travel arrangements including accommodations, air and ground transportation, etc.
- Administer the administrative processes related to session content, conference mailings, information requests, registration, travel coordination, and logistics for all Conference related activities.
- Manage queries and issues pertaining to the online conference registration system, including but not limited to general customer service and billing issues.
- Respond to conference information requests and communicates with participants as necessary.
- Act as liaison to the communications and IT departments in addition to external vendors including registration management and web design
- Assist communications teams with internal and external mailings, eblasts, and staff preparation packages.
- Assist in the maintenance of the conference website online mobile app.
- Draft and edit session descriptions.
- Provide support in planning process of receptions and promotional materials as needed.
- Work via Salesforce to create and manage mailing lists and convert leads for the integration of outside lists and systems such as Cvent.
- Assist with administrative needs such as shipping and copying. Support special projects (administrative, logistics, and research) as required and assigned by the Conference and Communications directors.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent combination of education and direct work experience in professional business environment.
- Knowledge and interest in CSR/sustainable business strongly preferred.
- 3+ years administrative professional work experience.
- Skills and experience in using Excel spreadsheets for financial and/or project reporting, Salesforce, and Cvent.
- S trong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills and careful attention to detail.
- A positive, “problem-solving oriented” attitude towards team’s administrative needs and challenges.
- Knowledge, experience, and a high comfort level working with the latest information technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proven ability to work well in groups and teams.
- Capacity to work and thrive in a growing, fast-paced entrepreneurial organization with a collaborative environment.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to work with considerable autonomy.
Business for Social Responsibility - 23 months ago