Tyco Retail Solutions, a unit of Tyco International, is a leading global provider of integrated retail performance and security solutions, deployed today at more than 80 percent of the worlds top 200 retailers. Customers range from single-store boutiques to global retail enterprises. Over the past 40 years, our retail solutions have kept hundreds of millions of people safe. Our Sensormatic electronic article surveillance (EAS) products have protected more than 80 million products in the past decade, making it the most trusted brand in retail loss prevention. Operating in more than 70 countries worldwide, Tyco Retail Solutions provides retailers with real-time visibility to their inventory and assets to improve operations, optimize profitability and create memorable shopper experiences. We are currently recruiting to fill a Sr. Director, Global Product Engineering position located at our Boca Raton,Floridaheadquarters.
This is an exciting global role, intended to drive design and development along with innovation. This position will play a central role in the growth and success of TRS in a highly competitive market environment, with specific responsibility for executing the technology vision in support of the TRS business strategy. The role will direct and manage all aspects of product development, and implement engineering and technology strategies for both the Loss Prevention and Store Performance Solution business streams. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for engineering leadership and will have a strong aptitude and desire to learn about new and emerging technologies.
Effectively manage resources and assets according to product roadmaps to accomplish: New product development; Product enhancement; Product cost Reduction; and Sustaining engineering for the following:
a. Anti-theft portfolio [Electronic Article Surveillance] pedastals, sensors (tags & labels)
b. Item Level Intelligence [RFID]
c. Remote Service Capability
2. Work with all stakeholders to capture VOC (Voice Of Customer) for all product development.
3. Drive product development to deliver quality products and solutions consistent with requirements drawn up by Product Management to
meet defined budgets and schedules utilizing a structured approach that encompasses:
Structured DFMEA reviews to identify SCs/CCs
Design for Serviceability
Design for Manufacturability
Use of materials with low environmental impact
Minimization of sole source components
4. Coordinate the development of hardware and service elements to deliver defined solution sets.
5. Work collaboratively with Advanced R&D in Boca,ShanghaiandBangaloreto introduce disruptive/cutting edge technologies into new
6. Work closely with the Manufacturing and Supply Chain functions to ensure efficient [Robust Design without extensive testing] and
effective manufacturing of products[High Quality;lowScrap] and drive product cost reductions wherever possible including participation in
joint PFMEA reviews to ensure effective control plans.
7. Work closely with the Marketing and Sales functions to ensure successful new product introductions and contribute to the Vitality Index.
8. Work closely with the Service function to respond to product quality issues.
9. Manage and improve the product development stage gate process. Drive use of leading edge design tools/Computer modeling
(Simulation) to shorten development time and gain competitive edge. Establish and track appropriate product design metrics to reduce
overall development cycle time.
10. Apply Lean/Six Sigma principles to the product design process to improve quality and reduce cycle time.
11. Participate in make/buy decisions on new technologies.
12. Responsible for internal technical support and external technical cooperation.
13. Responsible for implementation of the quality system, also for adherence to Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance
programs. Support ISO9001/TS16949 Implementation.
14. Coordinate and strengthen theShanghaiand Bangalore COEs (Centers of Excellence) to design cost effective new products for
emerging markets. Work to strengthen capabilities, reduce costs and development cycle time with regard to these products.
15. Develop the technical skills and experience of the engineering product development organization and promote cross-fertilization of
16. Participate in development of Patent Strategy-Filing in appropriate jurisdictions for protection along with ensuring key areas are
targeted to ensure competitive edge.
17. Prepare and test disaster recovery plans and contribute to the broader business continuity plans.
18. Maintain strong grasp of industry trends, cutting edge technology and marketplace changes to ensure that TRS remains in a leading
position with regard to its competitors. Utilize research, technology, and product partnerships to access innovation, enhance
capabilities, and cost effectively expand the overall product portfolio.
Technical Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 10 years related experience or a minimum of 15 years experience in the fields of engineering or computer science.
Experience within electronics and sensor product development.
Full understanding of product and manufacturing quality systems, deep experience with product development processes, tools and applications.
Must be Six Sigma Black Belt qualified, with substantial project/program management experience (preferably Project Management Professional (PMP) certified).
Must have worked in technical leadership roles.
Strength in managing a complex project portfolio based on the economic benefit to the company and technical ability of the organization.
Minimum 10+ years of direct management experience.
Minimum 5+ years experience in an executive level position.
Please apply to the attention of Fhawn Feinstein directly on line @
RiteSite.com - 12 months ago