Become a team member and supervisor on the Corporate IT Server Management Group providing support and technical leadership to our IT partners and customers. We provide across the board services from provisioning to architecture with the goal of being a service provider to the business. This position will be more focused on providing hardware and operating system support to our engineering internal customers.
Team lead and supervisor for business and engineering related infrastructure. Oversee activities like (but not restricted to)
- Technical lead for Server provisioning (UNIX/Solaris) and storage configuration and provisioning.
Candidate should have 5-8 years of server administration experience in a large enterprise environment - Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills - Experience working in a high capacity compute grid environment - Redhat Linux or SUSE Linux and Windows Server (2003 and 2008) System Administration - VMWarevSphere ESX 4.x or higher (other virtualization technology experience is a plus) - Hardware experience using and configuring HP c7000 Blade System and Cisco UCS - Experience with HP SIM, VCEM, Virtual Connect, Flex-Fabric - Veritas Storage Foundation - Scripting / Powershell and PowerCLI scripting is a plus.
- Hardware setup and configuration and upgrading firmware
- Troubleshooting hardware and OS issues, opening cases with OEM's, and providing root cause analysis
- Support of the patching process
- Be a part of 24x7 support escalation
- Creating, maintaining and documenting processes and procedures within our team
- Collaborate with QCT HW Engg compute
- Collaborate with other teams on approved IT projects
Bachelor's, Computer Science or equivalent experience.