Operations & Maintenance
Interest Sub Category:
Operations & Maintenance
Job Title :
Mechanical Maintenance Technician II
Type of Position:
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
1. High school diploma or demonstrated equivalent.
2. 3+ years of experience as a Mechanical Maintenance Technician
3. Or, 2+ years in trade school training
4. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1. Experience welding different types of metals. (Mild steel, stainless, aluminum)
2. Experience Fabrication work.
3. Associates Degree or two year Cert in Industrial maintenance Electrical HVAC or Welding.
4. Experience using hand and power tools.
5. Experience performing light duty maintenance work such as oil and air filter changes.
6. Experience operating both ride in and walk behind floor sweepers.
7. Experience operating a PC with Microsoft Office suites.
8. Able to work safe around electrical systems.
This position may require a valid Driver’s License.
This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
All Positions with URS will require the ability to obtain a security access badge at our client’s location.
All Positions with URS may require various shifts, weekends, and alternative work schedules.
•Have the ability to regularly lift up to 40 lbs.
•Have the ability to regularly climb extension ladders, roof ladder, stepladders, and stairs at least 10 times during shift.
•Have the flexibility to bend, stoop and/or squat repetitively during shift.
•Have the ability to kneel repetitively during shift.
•Have the ability to move in a 90-degree fashion on a repetitive basis during shift.
•Have the ability to stretch/reach on a repetitive basis during shift.
•Have the ability to walk extensively throughout the plant during shift.
•Have the ability to interact with all clients in a professional and friendly manner despite periods of stress.
•Coping with demands (stressors) that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable levels of performance and overall contribution are maintained.
Note: No relocation available.
URS has a 2nd shift Mechanical Maintenance Technician II position available in East Peoria, IL.
This position will support our facility maintenance team with a variety of industrial or commercial mechanical repairs in regards to: Preventative, Reactive, and Planned Maintenance. Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to, repairing or assisting in the repairs of HVAC units, conveyors, pumps, motors, gearboxes, R.O. Systems, general maintenance needs, etc. This position will require the ability to work at heights up to 150 ft. in a safe and professional manner. This is primarily a 2nd shift position but may require alternative work schedules in response to business needs.
At URS, we specialize, in part, in facilities management and maintenance for industrial, manufacturing, distribution and commercial sites worldwide. When you work for URS, you join 57,000 employees providing world class technical services to our customers. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 3 weeks Paid Time Off and 401k plan with 5% match, etc. – and your benefits start the same day you do.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE.
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...