Part Time Position: Hours are 3:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Performs preventive maintenance service on all types of trucks and/or equipment to maximize safe and productive operations.
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Inspects trucks and/or equipment, for condition, operation, and fluid levels.
- Checks, fills and changes out appropriate fluids for all vehicle parts including engine, transmission, differentials, final drives, pump drives and hubs.
- Greases, oils, and lubricates components during preventive maintenance service.
- Performs adjustments to various systems during preventive maintenance service.
- Maintains and/or changes air, oil, coolant and fuel filters.
- Performs cooling systems maintenance.
- Diagnoses issues and makes repairs using Service Manuals; completes necessary repair and preventive maintenance work
- Checks all safety equipment on truck and/or equipment.
- Drives truck in and out of repair area.
- Inspects tires according to Tire Maintenance Standards.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures; participates in all required safety training and meetings
- Completes required paperwork, documents parts and material usage and accounts for applied times (i.e. work order times versus time card times).
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by February 22, 2013 by clicking "Apply Now". Please reference Job Title and Job #.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Valid driver license.
- DOT Qualifications including Brake Maintenance & Inspections, and Annual Vehicle Inspections.
Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification.
Prior experience as a Preventive Maintenance Technician.
ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certification.
Service Excellence classification: medium/heavy truck.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and other applicable health and safety standards.
- Knowledge and ability to inspect the following: suspension, brake system, electrical system, hydraulic system, transmission, drive train and engine.
- Knowledge of lock out/tag out procedures.
- Customer Service – Acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and coworkers. Within reason, does what it takes to meet and exceed expectations of customers.
- Dependability – Follows through and does what he/she says he/she will do. Shows up for work on time and adheres to the established work schedule.
- Ethics – Does the right thing. Adheres to the laws as well as Republic Services policies and rules. Promptly reports concerns or potential violations in accordance with reporting procedures.
- Learning Ability – Readily acquires knowledge and skill in concepts and techniques that are new to him/her. Remembers and applies what he/she has learned.
- Safety Orientation – Follows and promotes Republic Services’ safety rules and procedures. Shows an appreciation and sets an example for safe work behavior. Does not take inappropriate risks.
- Troubleshooting – Diagnoses existing problems and predicts potential problems. Determines root causes of failures and chooses the best repair option.
REPRESENTATIVE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND/OR SOFTWARE USED:
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
- Personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, dust mask, ear plugs, gloves, hard hat, respirator, safety glasses, work boots and safety vest.
- Hand tools including, but not limited to, hammer, pliers, screwdriver, wrenches, and tire pressure gauge.
- Machines including, but not limited to, floor jacks and presses.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Shop environment including, but not limited to, machines, tools, heavy equipment, chemicals, solvents, dust, and fumes.
- Exposure to residential, industrial and commercial waste.
- Occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions and loud noises.
- Occasional lift / carry 125 pounds 1-2 feet.
- Frequently lift / carry up to 50 pound.
- Push / pull up to 100 pounds force.
- Occasional sitting, ladder climbing, overhead reaching, balancing, kneeling, and crawling.
- Frequent standing, walking, stair climbing, stooping, and firm grasping.
- Constant forward reaching and simple grasping.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Republic Services - 2 years ago
Every day, Republic Services empowers more than 30,000 exceptional employees in 39 states and Puerto Rico to do their best work. We’re...