Laureate Education, Inc. is currently looking for dynamic Interns to join our team in Laureate’s new Columbia, MD offices. You will work with the new software product development group on the creation of an innovative, collaborative, university level, student focused learning and education platform. The internship will provide hands on experience with in demand technologies and frameworks in an agile software development environment. (Java, JSP, Google Web Tools (GWT), JSON, AJAX, XML, Neo4j)
Laureate is growing rapidly and can provide you with the hands on experience and knowledge that will put you on the software development fast track. This internship will provide experience in state of the art, agile software development using modern tools and techniques applying them in a globally focused innovation company.
This role is best suited for candidates about to complete their junior year of their undergraduate studies, pursuing a technical degree such as Info systems, Computer Science, etc. You should have a working knowledge of Java programming.
- You will be responsible for Java programming, which includes writing and validating software.
- You will support a broad range of software development assignments with responsibility for recommending and implementing changes in code, methods and procedures.
- Working collaboratively with developers you will gain hands on experience in an agile software culture and environment.
- You will pair with senior developers and have the opportunity to learn and develop utilizing GWT, Neo4j and other technologies.
To excel in this internship you should have:
- A passion for technology and software development
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
If higher education is a matter of degrees, Laureate must be blazing hot. The company provides adult career education through online and...