Arcata Associates, Inc. has an opportunity in North Las Vegas, NV for a RF/Threats Engineer on the J-Tech Contract. The RF/Threats Engineer will support the activities of the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR) at Nellis AFB, NV. Nellis AFB, the "Home of the Fighter Pilot," is located approximately 7.1 miles northeast of Las Vegas, Nevada. Among the many units assigned to Nellis AFB, it is the home of the United States Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron, the Thunderbirds, "America's Ambassadors in Blue".
Arcata employees who work in N. Las Vegas, NV not only have close access to the World Famous Las Vegas Strip, but can also enjoy an abundance of available recreational activities from exploring the wonders of the desert to the majesty of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
About Arcata Associates, Inc.
Arcata Associates provides innovative IT solutions, engineering services, program/acquisition services, and Multimedia support to Government agencies and commercial companies. From supporting America's ventures into space, to the flight lines and front lines of the U.S. military, Arcata Associates proudly plays a key role in mission critical success every day. Our greatest strength is our people, and our commitment to excellence is evident in our achievements: 2011 and 2008 NASA Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year Award; 2011, 2010, 2008 NASA Dryden Flight Research Center Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year Award; 2010 Chubb Safety Award; James S. Cogswell National Industrial Security Award (1997 and 2008); 2009 Las Vegas Review-Journal / Las Vegas Business Press Best Place to Work List.
Arcata Associates offers a rewarding, high-energy work environment that provides employees with opportunities for growth and development. The work is challenging and allows employees to play vital roles in exciting projects and missions that impact the business.
We offer a full complement of benefits to employees under our cafeteria plan. These include medical, dental and vision insurance for employees and their eligible dependents and domestic partners, life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, and in some locations short and long term disability. Where allowed by law, payroll deductions for these benefits are taken as a pre-tax deduction from the employee's compensation.
In addition, Arcata offers a qualified 401(k) retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, education assistance, and a Paid Absence Allowance policy that includes paid leave for vacations, holidays, illness/injury, personal business, bereavement, jury duty and military leave.
About This Opportunity:
The RF/Threats Engineer is responsible for researching, planning and designing RF, Electronic Warfare and electromechanical systems and subsystems; generally using off-the-shelf assemblies, for integration into the Air Force training environment.
The RF/Threats Engineer in this position will:
• Direct, perform and coordinate the activities involved in the fabrication, operation, application, installation and repair of radio frequency and electromechanical systems and subsystems.
• Support the maintenance and enhancement of the AN/MPS-T1, AN/MSQ-T13, AN/MSQ-T43, AN/FQS-T-34 and AN/GSG-11 systems.
• Research and analyze data such as customer design proposals, specifications and manuals to determine the feasibility of a design or application.
• Devise appropriate tests to evaluate, debug and check systems. Document the results of complex analysis and design tasks.
• Assist in developing engineering standards, processes and the delivery of contractually required documentation.
• Assist in writing technical proposals, requirements definitions, test plans and other technical documentation.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and at least two years of applicable RF / threat (electronic warfare systems) engineering experience.
Skills and Knowledge Required for this Position:
• Knowledge and understanding of current engineering practices and standards.
• Ability to apply the principles and techniques of electrical engineering design to specific projects.
• Ability to manage engineering projects efficiently and effectively.
• Ability to provide technical direction to other engineers, technicians and support personnel.
• Ability to analyze data, resolve problems and make decisions independently.
• Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully in both oral and written form.
• Ability to write and prepare a variety of technical reports, manuals and other types of written communications.
• Routinely use CAD, project planning and office software in the performance of job activities.
• Ability to travel as required by the Company.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance in accordance with the contract requirements.
• Must possess a valid Nevada driver’s license.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Arcata Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and supports a drug free environment.
Arcata Associates Inc. - 20 months ago