Monitor and ensure systems are operating securely and are available for use. Perform system updates to ensure security and stability of both database and application. Comprehend code-base and systems used to perform software updates by the team. Coordinate and implement changes to the application and database with the team and ensure that operations are not impacted by the availability of the application. Monitor application and data recovery processes to verify that in the event of an emergency, data can be recovered securely and operational availability of the application can be restored quickly. This position is located in Atlanta, GA.
- 1+ years of experience with developing Web applications in Java
- 1+ years of experience with SQL, MySQL, or another SQL-related language
- Experience with ensuring the integrity and security posture of application and database servers
- Experience with maintaining and updating a complex and existing codebase written in Java
- Secret clearance required
- Security+ Certification
- Experience with Microsoft OS and Office and system databases
- Knowledge of managing security aspects of an information system
- Knowledge of how to monitor a system, including developing and updating the SSP, managing and controlling changes to the system, and assessing the security impact of those changes
- Ability to take on the responsibility for day-to-day security operations of a system
- Ability to self-learn new technologies, self-direct under tight deadlines, and work within a matrix team environment while demonstrating a high level of accuracy and strict attention to detail
- Possession of excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- BA or BS degree preferred
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II or above Information Assurance Certification, including CCNA, CCNP, or CISSP Certification
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Integrating the full range of consulting capabilities, Booz Allen is the one firm that helps clients solve their toughest problems, working by their side to help them achieve their missions. Booz Allen is committed to delivering results that endure.
We are proud of our diverse environment, EOE, M/F/D/V.
Job : Database Administration
Primary Location : United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Booz Allen Hamilton
- 2 years ago - save job
At Booz Allen, we believe in vision and passion. Being part of something bigger than a company or job matters to our employees. When you our...