DMI is a fast-growing IT solutions and business strategy consulting firm with break-through solutions for Enterprise Mobility and Cyber security, and industry-leading services in Strategic IT Consulting, Managed IT Services, Enterprise Application Development, and Health IT. Our commitment to excellence in service delivery has enabled us to achieve more than 970% growth since 2009, and in 2012 we were recognized by Inc Magazine as one of the top 500 fastest growing companies in the Unites States. Our rapidly expanding client base includes all 15 Federal Executive Departments, and scores of commercial clients. Ranked as one of the Top 50 Best Places to Work in the Washington D.C. area by the Washington Business Journal, DMI offers our employees continual opportunities for personal and professional growth and enrichment. DMI is a rising star -- hitch up your wagon!
Careers at DMI
About the Opportunity
DMI is currently seeking to hire an intern Application Engineer for a Federal Government customer on a long-term contract in the Martinsburg/Kearneysville, WV area.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Develops software using formal specifications, process flow diagrams, and other accepted requirements and design techniques
- Review existing programs, make refinements as specified, reduce operating times, and improve current techniques
- Modifies and maintains existing applications using engineering releases
- Responsible for program design, tool configuration, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
- Develop tools and work aides
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs
- Ensure work meets functionality and quality expectations within given timelines
- Develop prototypes and proof of concepts as required
- Develop design and technical documentation
- Provide project and activity status reports describing the state of assigned deliverables
- Present solutions, demos and system functionality to business and technical users
- Adhere to Policies, Procedures and Practices affecting work products such as: Change Management, Configuration Management, and Quality Assurance
- Work with team members to ensure a full understanding of program requirements
- Perform unit testing and troubleshoot any issues
Beneficial Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic programming skills in one of the following; C++, Java, VB.Net or other high level programming language
- Outstanding computer skills and the ability to create high-quality deliverables
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in team environment
- Familiar with the Microsoft Suite of tools (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, etc.
- Personal initiative, a self-starter
- An understanding software development disciplines
Working at DMI
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.
***************** No Agencies Please *****************
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US citizenship may be required for some positions.
DMI is a leading provider of mobile enterprise solutions and services, including mobile strategy, mobile UX and app solutions, omni-channel...