The Donohoe Companies, a leading real estate/construction/hospitality company in the Washington DC region, has an immediate opening for a full-time Network Administrator.
This position provides Network administration and Help Desk support for a Microsoft Windows Environment. The ideal candidate will be reliable and have a strong sense of responsibility. They will possess a strong technical skills and the ability to follow up on issues to ensure resolution.
• Oversee day-to-day operations of computer networks including hardware/software support.
•.Support, maintains, and evaluate computer networking systems and software.
• Install, configure, and maintain both physical and virtual computer servers.
• Create and maintain user accounts, profiles, and Email accounts.
• Provides file sharing rights, access privileges and security.
• Provide remote technical support for users.
• Assists in coordinating and consulting with vendors and clients for hardware/software purchases, services and support.
• Work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Research and troubleshoot information technology issues as required.
• Lift and transport moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
• Occasional local travel to sites within Metro area.
• Reports to the Network Manager.
• Minimum 1-2 year in a network administration position
• Microsoft Windows environment (Server 2003 and higher)
• Experienced in Citrix and VMware environments
•Strong working knowledge of MS Active Directory and MS Exchange Server required
• Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
• Extensive end-user systems experience.
• Excellent customer service and oral communication skills.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical, evaluative, and technical problem-solving abilities.
• Technical knowledge of current computer networks and desktop hardware, protocols, and standards.
• MCSE and Network+ computer certificates are a plus.
• Have access to reliable transportation and be available for occasional evening/weekend tasks.
• Able to pass a drug test and background check.
Complete Building Services - 19 months ago