This position will have multi-faceted responsibilities in the compliance operation at Foremost Specialty. The selected candidate will be trained and will join three other experienced Compliance staff members in implementing a new “team approach”. Duties will include managing Market Conduct Exams, Financial Exams, Data Calls, Answering Complaints, conducting Quality Assurance Audits, State Vehicle Compliance Reporting as well as other related compliance department duties.
This person will be the face of the company to Department of Insurance Examiners during Market Conduct Exams. They must be highly organized and able to ensure deadlines are met. This will require holding people in other departments responsible for accurate and timely delivery of information, while maintaining good working relationships. Knowing whom to reach out to within Foremost Specialty for information is critical, so having a good network is very important. The candidate will need to be able to juggle multiple priorities while ensuring all deadlines are kept. Strong organizational skills are a MUST.
• Coordinates and monitors Market Conduct Examinations
• Prepares company responses to state insurance departments
• Obtains input from Home Office functional departments on examination criticisms
• Provides assistance to Business Support Center during Market Conduct Examinations
• Coordinates market conduct review and reporting with Compliance
• Coordinates the collection of information among business units and enterprise companies for data calls, premium surveys and other Department of Insurance requests
• Researches and evaluates policy processing transactions and partners with business units across the enterprise to formulate responses
• Reviews and audits compliance issues and recommends procedure changes
• Analyzes incoming correspondence for regulatory and compliance issues
• Reports trends and compliance issues to Regulatory Affairs management
• Participates in local compliance meetings to report on market conduct trends
• Conducts research and provides support to functions as directed
• Corresponds with other companies and insurance trade associations to keep informed on current industry compliance theory and practices
• Tracks hold file date for regulations, data calls and rate surveys
• Attends industry conferences, events and insurance department hearings as necessary
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Investigates and responds to Department of Insurance complaints
• Researches and evaluates policy processing transactions to resolve complaints
• Coordinates with business units and affiliate companies across the enterprise to formulate responses
• Addresses complaints for all affiliates, personal lines and commercial
• Identifies trends and compliance issues and notifies the appropriate business units
• Provides analysis of complaint results and prepares written reports
• Assists in development of plans to address complaint trends
• Participates in department and team sessions to discuss complaint trends
• Evaluates local regulatory compliance
• Assists claims complaint handling unit as appropriate.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of Underwriting, State Filings and/or Product is desirable
• Good network and networking skills throughout the company is important
• Expertise with Excel and Power Point required (, some knowledge of Access is desirable?)
• Excellent communication and presentation skills required
• Highly Organized is a requirement
• Intellectually Mature & Team player
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Investigative skills necessary to identify an issue, figure out why it happened and how to fix it.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. ma ximum. Functional ability of seeing, hearing and speaking is required.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Four year College Degree.
Minimum of two years of policy processing or claims experience. At least 1 year experience with coordinating market conduct exams, data calls, investigations, and/or surveys.
Special Skills Requirements
Oral and written communication skills.
Farmers Insurance Group - 2 years ago
Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of other...