As Market Developer you will have multiple objectives: be the main driver of bringing to market the firm's most promising proprietary knowledge (PK) assets; guide Solutions teams and practices through the process of their PK productization; and assist Solutions Teams in formulating and executing their go-to-market strategy.
The Market Development department is an integral part of our team. McKinsey Solutions has ambitious revenue and client growth targets during the next 5-7 years, our objective is to become five times bigger.
The main tasks of the Market Developer comprise:
- Being an entrepreneur, driving specific Solutions go-to-market strategy
- Providing an informed view on which PK assets show the most potential and should be productized
- Building and leveraging strategic alliances among other practices/Solutions to enhance the overall impact of client delivery
- Supporting capability building by codifying and sharing best practices with other Market Developers and McKinsey Solutions dedicated colleagues
- Providing the professional "packaging" of McKinsey Solutions services within a particular Solution or practice:
- Articulating the value proposition for clients
- Enabling innovative service delivery modes, through IT and operations platforms (in collaboration with the IT teams)
- Helping drive the marketing/communications strategy (in collaboration with the Marcom team)
- Supporting client development (in collaboration with the Client Development team), through sharing best practices, shaping processes, and contributing to relevant CST discussions
- Working closely with the firm's Legal Department
- Significant consulting experience strongly preferred
- Strong expertise and proven track record in product/service marketing
- Ability to act as a credible peer to firm leaders and to client executives/c-suite
- Flexibility to travel frequently to the regional hub
McKinsey & Company is one of the world's top management consulting firms. With roughly 90 offices in more than 50 countries around...