Henkels & McCoy, Inc., one of the largest privately held international utility constracting firms, with offices in 80 cities and celebrating 85 years of operating with a reputation as one of the most reliable and innovative firms in engineering and construction, is currently seeking a Telecom Lineman.
Major Job Elements
Applicant may work independently, with minimal guidance or assistance.
Communication Lineman Work Description ;
- Perform required incidental and/or preventative maintenance on vehicles or other associated equipment.
- Complete necessary logs, reports and postings. Must be familiar and have working knowledge of telephone or coaxial cable installations and systems practices.
- Communicating with supervisors, peers, or subordinates - Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Making decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Organizing, planning, and prioritizing work - developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
- Work as part of a telecom team in the installation and commissioning of antenna systems or aerial/UG placing crew.
- Operate Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or equipment.
- Access specific areas to string lines or install terminal boxes, auxiliary equipment, or appliances, using bucket trucks, or by climbing poles or ladders, or entering tunnels, trenches, or crawl spaces.
- Installation of aerial or underground fiber optic or coaxial cable.
- Pull cable by hand from large reels mounted on trucks; pull lines through ducts by hand or with winches.
- Dig holes for telephone poles, using power augers or shovels, set poles in place with cranes, and hoist poles upright, using winches or mechanical devices.
- Applicant must demonstrate the ability to resolve problems and provide technical assistance as requested. Applicant may work with minimal supervision.
- Perform general physical activities - performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing poles & towers, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Must have unimpaired hearing, able to communicate orally and via telephone. Ability to distinguish between colors, read printed material, lift/carry 50 pounds, climb poles, stairs/ladders, must be able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or work in other uncomfortable positions to accomplish tasks. Must have good hand/eye coordination and be able to work with hand tools.
Henkels & McCoy is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
- At least 2 years climbing experience with tower/pole hardware assembly experience required
- Must have valid Commercial Drivers License with current Medical Card.
Henkels & McCoy, Inc. (H&M) is a leading utility construction firm providing critical infrastructure for the Power, Communications,...