Fairfield Technologies Inc. (FTI), a CMMI Level 3 company, delivers leading-edge information technology (IT), process improvement, and advanced program management solutions for our Federal defense, civilian, and commercial customers. We pride ourselves on finding innovative yet realistic ways to meet the requirements our clients bring to us, and to deliver far beyond expectations. We are currently seeking a Java SOA Developer to join our team in Alexandria, VA .
Key Role/Position Description:
- Design, implement, and unit test application / system components .
- Participate in product requirement and design reviews with product managers and other engineers.
- Develop time-estimates for work assignments.
- Develop light technical documentation, and support the QA, release, and production support processes.
- Work closely with the support teams to expeditiously resolve issues.
- 8+ years experience and successful track record in the design, development, documenting and testing of web-based applications on large-scale software systems.
- 4+ years of Java development experience and knowledge of Java enterprise technologies:
- Servlets/JSPs, EJB 2.0, EJB 3.0, JDBC, JMS, JNI
- Knowledge of MVC frameworks (Struts, SPRING)
- Experience with Webservices, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, XML, WSDL, JAXB
- Working knowledge with JPA frameworks (Hibernate)
- Strong OO design patterns and concepts.
- Working knowledge developing web applications using IIS, ASP, XML/XSLT, and SQL Server.
- Knowledge/Languages: IIS, ASP.NET MVC, C#, .NET Framework, XML/XSLT, HTML, SQL Server.
- Experience with EDI/XML mapping transformation tools is a plus.
- Working knowledge with RDBMS (Oracle), SQL.
- Demonstrated experience developing SQL and/or PL/SQL queries, packages, and procedures.
- Experience with application servers (Websphere, Weblogic (preferable))
- Service Oriented Architecture design and development experience a plus.
- Experience with Oracle SOA suite preferred.
- Agile development experience a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in software engineering practices (e.g., reading/generating software specs, design patterns, continuous integration).
- Must be a US Citizen
- CBP Background Investigation (including police and credit check) required and must hold a current DoD secret clearance
- Must be able to support the program on-site Monday – Friday
- Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment.
- Superior written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Ability to shift focus and adapt to changing priorities and maintain patience in high-pressure situations.
- Excellent communication and team-work skills.
- Ability to think critically and creatively to develop innovative solutions to software problems.
Compensation and Benefits:
Health, Dental and Vision - Life and Personal Accident Insurance - Group Universal Life Insurance - Educational Assistance - Training and Development - Employee Assistance - Tuition Reimbursement Plan.
Fairfield Technologies, Inc. - 22 months ago