This individual is responsible for :
Job Duties/Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Support the Proposal Manager in the development of Federal proposals
- Research, write, rewrite, edit and proofread material for document development. Documents include, but are not limited to proposals, capability statements, presentations, qualifications, white papers, requests for information and boilerplate.
- Through familiarity with subject matter, clarify text and graphics for thought, continuity, applicability and readability. Query technical accuracy as appropriate. Eliminate jargon and superfluous content.
- Create headings and subheadings and table and figure action titles. Check and correct grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, spelling, inconsistencies and formats.
- Apply company-approved reference material for style consistency and word usage preferences. Decipher and clarify handwriting and editing marks made by authors. Create and maintain style sheets. Use departmental work tracking forms. Meet deadlines.
- Interface with a wide range of personnel including partners, managers, subject matter professionals, proposal managers, volume leads, to facilitate the efficient and effective development of the proposal.
- Tailor resumes and past performance references in accordance with RFP instructions. Build templates or review templates built by Proposal Manager or Proposal Coordinator.
- Locate and tailor reuse and boilerplate material for authors. Create, enhance, and maintain boilerplate as required.
- Provide writing and editing under direction of the Federal Proposal Associate Director and the day-to day supervision of the task owner (Sr. Proposal Manager, Proposal Manager)
- Create and modifies boilerplate
- Practice consistent application of preferred writing and editing styles used in Federal Proposal Group.
- Participate in full lifecycle of product development as required.
- Analyze RFPs. Performs QC checks of compliance matrix, proposal outlines and proposal development schedules developed by Proposal Managers. Identify questions that may be submitted to the customer.
- Edit material generated during proposal development and all review sessions. Support review and recovery sessions as assigned.
- Bachelors degree
- Experience with writing, editing, and quality control for Federal proposals
- 5+ years of overall experience, with 2 years of proposal experience preferably Federal
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong writing skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Has strong organization, coordination, consistency and communication capabilities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight timeframes, including nights and weekends if necessary
- Detail-oriented and works well with a team in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word
- Proposal coordination and desktop publishing
- GPO style expertise
- Flexibility to serve as Proposal Manager, Volume Lead, Section Lead, and Red or Gold Team reviewer
- Proficiency in SharePoint
GCS - 2 years ago