Geospatial Senior Source Strategies Analyst
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems has an opening for a Geospatial Senior Source Strategies Analyst (SSA) supporting the NGA Source GEOINT Meteorological and Oceanographic (METOC) Division. The position is non-shift and located in Springfield, VA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide METOC analyses (past and present) and apply METOC forecasting expertise to enable GEOINT processes and activities in support of national security.
• Leverage METOC data, information and knowledge, to include the following types of products: Tailored climatology studies and other climate-based products, Tailored meteorological and oceanographic analyses and forecasts, Tailored space weather analyses and forecasts
• Provide current METOC situational awareness products and advance notification of significant terrestrial METOC and space weather events that may impact NSG operations.
• Represent GEOINT METOC equities at various NSG and Defense Department working group and meetings.
• Provide METOC support to emerging NGA and NSG Activity-Based Intelligence efforts.
• Bachelors degree and a minimum of 5 years Intelligence Community Experience. 4 additional years of experience can be substituted for the degree
• Information Technology Service experience
• Active TS/SCI clearance
• Previous experience with the intelligence community, NGA experience preferred
• Experience supporting and interacting with senior staff
• Experience working with METOC data
• The following education and/or combined education and experience is desired: Bachelor’s degree in Atmospheric Sciences, Earth Sciences, Environmental Science, Geography, Geology, Geographic Information Systems, Hydrography, Hydrology, Imagery Science, Meteorology, Oceanography, Physical Science, Remote Sensing, or a related discipline
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 21 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...