Role objective: Global Materials Procurement is committed to delivering the $1 billion Innovation Portfolio by leveraging suppliers and external innovation to fuel the innovation pipeline. This role will deliver new product growth in target segments while protecting and enhancing margin by optimizing each new product’s sourcing strategy.
This role is in procurement but is aligned with technology innovation to acquire components which require solution exploration, design and prototyping from new and existing suppliers. The role will be measured by the number of new products delivered via supplier technology/innovation, incremental revenue growth, pipeline health (aligned with R&D metrics). The role is focused on advanced sourcing for innovation - such as custom materials, new suppliers and new technology - to do the following:
• Leverage technical business expertise to develop sources of innovation
• Scout new potential suppliers, develop criteria for selecting suppliers, lead “make or buy” analysis and leverage supply market capabilities
• Establish a supplier IP strategy prior to the involvement of suppliers in a project (i.e. NDA, JDA, MOU)
• Integrate activities with Supplier Relationship Owners to balance innovation and supplier strategy
• Manage supplier projects through the stage gate process
• Develop and maintain a supplier capability database
• Create venue for exhibiting external innovation ideas into the organization (workshops, e-challenge, technology day, etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred
• 10+ years industry experience in either technology or procurement function requiring depth of component knowledge (grades/types of materials, production methods, test protocols, application environments, etc.)
• Understanding of AD supplier base (supply landscape and market intelligence)
• Excellent supplier project management skills and analytical capability
• Intra-organizational skills – understanding of how to work with a team of dedicated resources in a team environment, facilitate collaboration across commodities
• Demonstrated success in cross-regional projects or initiatives.
• Understanding of related computer systems, such as Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office, and function specific software.
• Expert oral and written communication skills.
Physical Work Location:
8080 Norton Parkway, Mentor, OH 44060
When applying to this position, please use Internet Explorer.
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Avery Dennison is easy to label: It's a global leader in the making of adhesive labels used on packaging, mailers, and other items....