Assist operations group in the compliance and implementation of Company Health and Safety programs in order to mitigate hazardous conditions in the workplace. Reports to operations but has strong dotted line to EH&S Department. This is an entry level position that relies on significant instruction from Health and Safety (H&S) Professionals/Coordinators and pre-established guidelines to perform designated job functions.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
· Works closely with area H&S Professionals and Coordinators on all key health and safety related issues.
· Maintains safety and first aid equipment inspection programs for their designated production area.
· Works with area H&S Professionals and Coordinators to schedule the training in accordance with the Companys training initiatives.
· Works with area H&S Professionals and Coordinators to select safety meeting topics and scheduling.
· Conducts periodic quality assurance inspections regarding field implementation of Whiting health and safety programs i.e. LOTO, confined space entry, hot work, JSAs, tailgates, etc.
· Provides coaching and conducts audits that enforce employee understanding and compliance with Whitings policies and procedures.
· Works closely with operations, contractors and EH&S Department to ensure compliance with the Companys Contractor Safety Management Program.
· Ensures appropriate HAZCOM and other safety related signage is properly placed and in good condition.
· Works with H&S Coordinator to ensure MSDSs are maintained and up to date for their area of responsibility.
· Participates as incident investigation team member for employee and contractor injuries, near misses and potentially serious incidents.
· Associate Degree or higher in Health and Safety or related science field preferred
· Zero (0) to three (3) years of Health and Safety experience without degree and/or extensive E&P oil and gas experience
· Competent with Microsoft Office Suites applications and familiar with databases.
· Has strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work with all types of people and situations
· Works well in team environment
· Must be task and detailed oriented
· Ability to develop working knowledge of oil and gas E&P technologies
· Ability to multi-task
Whiting Petroleum Corporation is one of the largest independent exploration and production companies in the USA with an oil focused asset...