Reports into the Director of Security Systems and will have Dispatch responsibilities for the University and offsite locations. This position will have responsiblities which require complete working knowledge of all locations within the University as well as offsite locations. Will need to carry out duties such as: Dispatch, monitor and provide door to door rides to students, staff, and faculty. The following certifications/requirements must be obtained/met within one year of date of hire to maintain the Central Alarm Station classification. State of Connecticut, Public Safety Telecommunications Course, ISDNE 911 Telecommunicator Course, EMD Dispatch Powerphone Course. |
1. Provides students and staff suitable transportation options within and around Yale campus using a fleet of bus, shuttle, and security escort vehicles. Coordinates walking escorts.
2. Coordinates and maintains ride share times and answers calls in a high volume, fast paced call center.
3. Utilizes Dispatching Software System that keeps Dispatcher in communication with fleet, provides a complete manifest for each vehicle, and also maintains customer and route information.
4. Assists drivers with any problems that may arise from route or scheduling changes, system issues, and emergency situations.
5. Manages and dispatches Special Services Shuttle system as well as handling any other extraordinary transportation requests or needs during special events around the campus community.
6. Maintains constant communication with drivers via two-way radio, telephone, and web based software.
7. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
High school level education or equivalent and four years of experience in security, law enforcement, or military police; or an Associate’s degree and two years of experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Excellent communication skills, both telephone and 2-way radio. Must be able to convey important information in a clear, concise manner over the radio.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Self-starter being able to work independently or in a team showing prfessionalism, good judgment, and strong code of ethics.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
General computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Office, and email applications.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Ability to build and maintain a strong working relationship with both internal and external Cultural Yale University partners.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Proven customer service skills. Ability to deal with all levels of personnel within the University with professionalism and courtesy.
Required Licenses or Certifications
The State of Connecticut License for Security Officer (Guard Card). Valid driver's license.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. Internal candidates may be subject to a motor vehicle or credit check for this position based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of the required background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University - 20 months ago
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...