Duties & Responsibilities: Promote, maintain, and improve individual and community health by assisting individuals and communities to adopt healthy behaviors for the purpose of preventing the spread of HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases. Collect and analyze data to identify community needs prior to planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating programs designed to encourage healthy lifestyles, policies and environments.
May require occasional day time travel throughout the eight county district (Bryan, Camden, Chatham, Effingham, Glynn, Liberty, Long, McIntosh) with a heavy concentration in Chatham County. Will require incumbent to perform community outreach and HIV testing events, locate and counsel HIV/STD clients and contacts in the community, and discuss sensitive topics with groups of various sizes containing people from a variety of backgrounds.
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
1. Collaborates with health specialists and civic groups to ascertain community health needs, determine availability of services, and to develop goals
2. Conducts community surveys to ascertain health needs, develop desirable health goals, and determine availability of professional health services
3. Develops and maintains cooperation between public, civic, professional, and voluntary agencies
4. Plans and provides educational opportunities for health personnel
5. Prepares and disseminates educational and informational materials
6. Promotes health discussions in schools, industry, and community agencies
7. Provides information to the public regarding health concerns and resources
Minimum Training & Experience: Completion of a master's degree in public health education
Completion of a bachelor's degree in education, social, behavioral or biological sciences or a directly related field
AND One year of experience in public health education.
Copy of College Transcript required.
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: Previous experience performing community and health education presentations, activities and events
Additional Information: To apply click the red "APPLY...Add to My Jobs!" below and complete the on-line Application.
- Knowledge/Expertise in the topics of HIV and sexually transmitted infections
- Ability to discuss sensitive topics with groups of various sizes containing people from a variety of backgrounds
- Strong computer skills including Power point and other presentation software programs
COPY OF TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED. FAX TO: RECRUITER - 912-356-2888
THIS POSITION MAYBE CLOSED AT ANYTIME ONCE A SATISFACTORY APPLICANT POOL HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be notified.
Fingerprint, background check, pre-employment drug screen, and medical review if applicable.
Georgia on my Mind is not just the state song -- it's the Governor's job description. Consisting of the Governor, his Cabinet,...