The Benefits Manager is an integral part of the HR team, responsible for administration of employee benefits and the Human Resources Information System. Serves as primary point of contact with system vendors, provides special guidance on various employee benefit plans, analyzes and directs all functional related activities within the scope of the Human Resources Information System. Responsible for the administration and coordination of human resources information system projects and acts as the liaison. Coordinates new or modified benefit plans and employee benefit policies and supervises administration of existing plans. Serves as a technical point-of-contact for assigned functional areas and assists subject matter experts with ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
• Manage vendor communications to ensure effective administration of benefits and HRIS systems.
• Administer employee benefits program including medical, dental, and life insurance plans; temporary disability programs; accidental death policies, leaves of absence including FMLA and worker’s compensation.
• Manage vacation and sick leave policies.
• Interact with benefits consultant regarding plan designs. Coordinate specifications for new plans and recommend modifications to existing plans to maintain company's competitive position in labor market.
• Advise management and employees on existing benefits and respond to questions and/or concerns.
• Provide support for HRIS including communicating with the vendor to research and resolve HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws; recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements; identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities.
• Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs.
• Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
• Communicate user procedures, guidelines and documentation.
• Organize and conduct training for employees on new processes/functionality and training for new system users.
• Interaction with field management to resolve issues and questions pertaining to management and employee self service modules.
• Work in conjunction with the payroll staff to resolve pay issues related to benefits and manage other administration duties.
• Other duties as assigned.
• B.A. or B.S. in business, HR management or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in benefits administration or management preferred.
• HRIS system experience preferred.
• Proven outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated presentation and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, execute, and document project related work.
• Must be a self starter who can work independently.
• Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Positive attitude a must!
Red Roof Inn - 2 years ago
This business believes a night's lodging shouldn't put you in the red. Red Roof Inn is a leading budget motel chain with nearly...