responsible for performing various skilled tasks related to remodeling facilities, including repairs to roofs, parking lots, and parking garages, to assure that district facilities are maintained in excellent condition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No
- Specific duties will depend upon job assignment, but will include a combination of the following:
- Install metal studs, hollow metal frames, work. From architectural drawings to establish proper layouts of walls and door frames.
- Hang drywall, tape finish and sand surfaces.
- Install HVAC supply and returns, to include hard duct work, flexible duct, ceiling drops and returns.
- Hang interior and exterior doors and associated hardware, to include ability to lift solid oak and steel doors.
- Install floor covering ensuring layouts and patterns are proper for patching or new installation.
- Install concrete forms for walks, drives and parking lots to include setting forms, doing grade work, screening, finishing, pulling forms, clean up, and backfill.
- Remove or demolish existing structural material to include carpet and tile removal, hauling from job site to dumpsters, and clean up.
- Repair and/or replace roof systems.
- Implement energy saving devices as directed.
- Coordinate new electrical work with existing work and correct any deficiencies discovered in existing work.
- Repair and/or replace asphalt drives and parking lots, restriping parking spaces using airless equipment.
- Removal of old ceiling systems and installation of new systems, to include wall angle, 2 or 4 foot T’s, main runners and tile.
- Use appropriate safety equipment and care for all tools and equipment properly according to established rules and procedures.
- Make pick-ups and deliveries as directed.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent, plus two (2) years full-time, directly-related work experience in construction trades area or commercial remodeling, OR
- High school diploma/GED plus four (4) years full-time, directly-related work experience in construction trades area or commercial remodeling.
- Knowledge of commercial building remodeling and ability to read basic blueprints and structural drawings.
- Knowledge of and ability to install new service including distribution panels, step down and step up transformers, main disconnects, main breakers isolated breakers, new circuits with and without surge protection, isolated ground receptacles. Knowledge and ability to install various types of switch gear, label new and existing panels. Knowledge and ability to read electrical drawings performing layout of circuits for convenience outlets, specialized equipment and lighting. Knowledge and ability to install various types, sizes and styles of conduit to complete various projects and to coordinate inspections and correct deficiencies as noted written or verbally.
- A working knowledge of the National Electrical Codes standards and handbook. Ability to demonstrate safety procedures for equipment.
- Ability to install electrical devices and install finish electrical devices in a timely manner to ensure each project is completely in a timely manner as directed by supervisor.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform rough and finished carpentry work on doors, cabinetry, and paneling, framing, and trimming.
- Ability to perform plumbing work, including extension of plumbing supply and waste lines from existing lines.
- Thorough knowledge of painting, staining, drywall, and plastering.
- Ability to layout lighting patterns per architectural drawings and use laser for setting up ceiling systems.
- Ability to order proper materials to achieve a professional finished product.
- Ability to operate equipment such as spray equipment, airless, pneumatic, electric, or gas equipment, and other various hand tools.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with other employees
- Communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively both verbally, including telephone, and in writing using the English language.
- Read and understand instructions, safety rules, and product labels.
This job requires that the employee be able to: stand and/or work on feet for up to eight (8) hours at a time; ability to kneel, bend, crouch, crawl, reach in all directions, grasp small items, stoop, push, move cartons, carry tools and equipment weighing up to fifty (50) pounds, lift up to seventy-five (75) pounds, and grip up to thirty-five pounds. Must be able to perform duties requiring good balance and ability to respond quickly to a scene; visual ability requires mono and color vision, ability to discriminate size, shape, temperature, and texture of objects, discriminate visual depth relationships at near and far distances, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Must be able to maneuver on stairs, uneven, or soft surfaces such as grassy or unpaved areas; and must be able to climb and maneuver on ladders, scaffolds, and rooftops. Move from room to room, building to building and site to site. Work outdoor fifty (50) % of the time. Will be frequent exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibration and temperature changes; work at fast pace with interruptions. Responsibilities occasionally require a flexible work schedule which may involve overtime, evening and/or weekend work.
Must be able to operate construction equipment such as skill saw, drills, screw guns, ram set, chop saw, table saw, sanders, power plane, laser light cordless drill, airless spray gun, paint striper, and concrete tools. Must have knowledge of various types of specialized tools, power equipment and be able to operate light vehicles such as bobcat and pickup truck.
Kansas City, MO School District - 9 months ago