This position is responsible for assisting in the marketing activities of a specified product line within the Bard Access System portfolio of vascular access products and to coordinate those activities with other B.A.S. employees. The incumbent is also responsible for communicating and developing the resources necessary to support the division field sales force.
The ideal candidate must be able to work in a team oriented, fast paced environment. Bard Access Systems is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Summary of Position with General Responsibilities:
The following duties and responsibilities are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent(s) in this position and are not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility will not preclude it from the position.
1. Assess customer needs and communicates those needs to and assists the Senior Product Manager
2. Assists in the development of market strategies and promotional materials
3. Assists in the assessment of the competitive impact of the business
4. Provides support for the field sales force and maintains ongoing communication to assess their needs and general market trends
5. Participates in project teams
6. Provides support to the Senior Product Manager in the development of the "Three Year Plan"
7. Provides input to the development of the marketing mix (pricing, promotion, product, and portfolio.)
8. Assists the Senior Product Manager in achieving the brand management goals (sales, profit, and new products.)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. An understanding of the vascular access marketplace and health care environment.
2. A familiarity of the human anatomy and hospital environments
3. Competency with personal computers and the ability to analyze data
4. Good communication skills, both oral and written.
5. Good organizational skills
6. Ability to interact well and effectively with others.
This position requires a BS/BA in Marketing or related field and two to four years business experience. Prior marketing or sales experience is preferred, as well as experience within the healthcare/medical device industry. This position also requires demonstrated excellent human relation and communication skills.
The incumbent must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the duties and responsibilities.
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...