The Research Associate works directly with a team of analysts who research, write, and publish reports to help make leaders successful in their roles. Forrester’s services target roles such as the CIO, Application Development & Delivery Professionals, and Infrastructure & Operations Professionals.
- Manage research projects: formulate a project plan, coordinate contributions from analysts and industry experts, and facilitate Forrester’s core research development processes.
- Conduct primary research for published reports, including developing and executing online surveys and telephone interviews with senior-level technology users at some of the world’s largest and most influential organizations.
- Conduct secondary research for published reports using industry sources, including competitive assessment and third-party data analysis.
- Prepare presentations with well-formatted charts, appropriate callouts, meaningful titles, and a sequence of slides that tell a story.
- Learn and execute quantitative analysis best practices with Forrester’s industry data sets.
- Coordinate use of social media platforms (blogs, Twitter, online community) in the research and publishing process.
- Act as a key liaison between Forrester’s research team and other internal and external stakeholders, including sales, marketing, public relations, and client services.
Forrester is looking for people who are inspired and inspiring. Our product is our intellectual capital, so we welcome and reward intellectual excellence, curiosity, and sophisticated thinking and look for:
Typical candidates are:
- A B.A./B.S., with a strong academic record. All undergraduate majors are welcome to apply, any quantitative or statistics interest is a major plus.
- One to two years of varied undergraduate or postgraduate work experience.
- A working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Attention to detail and to building reusable resources like survey questions and formatted data outputs.
- A passion for learning about technology.
Forrester Research is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer; M/F/D/V are especially encouraged to apply.
- Engaging on the telephone.
- Outspoken and articulate in writing and speech.
- Proficient in touch-typing.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Forrester Research - 21 months ago
Can't see the tech forest for the trees? Maybe a Forrester ranger can guide you through the technological timber. One of the leading...