Org Marketing Statement
About Jones Lang LaSalle
Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE: JLL) is a financial and professional services firm specializing in real estate. The firm offers integrated services delivered by expert teams worldwide to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. With 2011 global revenue of $3.6 billion, Jones Lang LaSalle serves clients in 70 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide, including 200 corporate offices. The firm is an industry leader in property and corporate facility management services, with a portfolio of approximately 2.1 billion square feet worldwide. LaSalle Investment Management, the company’s investment management business, is one of the world’s largest and most diverse in real estate with $47.7 billion of assets under management.
For further information, please visit our website, www.joneslanglasalle.com
POSITION GOALS To deliver highest standards of operations and maintenance to the portfolio, while achieving financial and other goals in accordance with the Master Services Agreement
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Operations and Maintenance
• Interface and collaborate daily with the retail branch network developing a strong working relationship and collaborating on all strategic initiatives and tactical facility management matters.
• Ensure client satisfaction with the delivery of facility management services by providing a seamless interface to the client’s real estate organization; demonstrating leadership, responsiveness and creativity.
• Manage a portfolio of owned and leased properties consisting of branch banks and office space.
• Coordinate the operational aspects of the properties in a manner which protects, maintains and improves the value of the client’s assets. Inspect the properties periodically in conjunction with established standard frequency to determine condition and extent of service required. Actively manage emergency service requests, as required.
• Manage annual operating expenses.
• Manage the process to complete the capital improvement projects.
• Manage third-party contractors/vendors engaged in operating and maintaining properties. Actively manage and direct vendor providing mobile technician services.
• Team with Sourcing Manager to bid and contract for scheduled and operational maintenance and project services as required to assure high quality and cost effective services. Participate in group bid process as appropriate. Monitor service contractors and vendors, ensuring that terms and conditions of service agreements are met.
• Manage landlord relations for leased properties. Ensure terms of the lease relating to property services are met.
• Follow established innovative programs, processes and procedures that reduce short and long term operating costs, increase productivity and achieve consistency across the entire retail portfolio.
• Establish positive working relationships and dialogues with vendors and suppliers, which will be used to review performance against scopes of work and drive cost savings.
• Maintains at all times neat and orderly Property files.
• Participates in special projects as necessary.
• Complete performance reviews and other JLL HR duties in accordance with JLL policies.
• Represent BMO Harris Bank CRE at the local level with local BMO Harris Bank retail business leaders, delivering the highest level of facility management service.
• Maximize utilization of suppliers, preferred vendors/contractors and the level of spending with Minority/Women owned Business Enterprises (M/WBE) and Bank customers.
• Contribute to monthly/quarterly/annual reports appropriate for the client and in accordance with the MSA.
• Accomplish key performance indicators as identified by the Regional Manager.
• Contribute toward the development of the detailed, zero-based annual operating budgets for the retail portfolio interfacing closely with the Regional Manager.
• Contribute toward the development of the five year annual capital plan for each building, interfacing closely with the client representative.
• Track actual operating expenses monthly against the approved plan, ensuring actual spending is favourable to plan. Provide written variance analysis and forecasts to client.
• Facilitate specific cost savings targets to contribute to the account achieving savings targets set out in the MSA.
• Track and report cost saving and cost avoidance on a monthly basis.
• Experience in preparing and achieving real estate operating budgets and initiating cost control disciplines.
• Excellent planning and coordination skills among various parties, responding to requests and delivering results within tight schedules.
• Execution of small capital replacement projects for the retail sites. Responsibilities include planning, budgeting, development of specifications and scopes of work, bid solicitation, design & construction, expense control, detailed work coordination, defect correction, and financial closing.
• Identify best practices and establish proper benchmarks to measure facility management performance, and identify opportunities to enhance facility performance within the portfolio.
• Track individual facility management issues and analyze the quantity and nature of ‘Help Desk’ service requests.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• Ensuring JLL meets all of its facility management obligations per the Master Services Agreement. Specifically, adherence to Service Level Agreements and achievement of benchmarked levels for KPI’s.
• Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in either in the corporate real estate environment, or as a third party facilities management service provider.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to produce well-written reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions one-on-one and from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area and volume. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to analyze, interpret and explain financial statements and calculate dollar and percentage variances.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to see and understand the impact of past and current actions and or results on future actions and or opportunities. Strategic thinker with strong implementation orientation.
• Ability to type 35 wpm with 90% accuracy. Proficient in MS Office including understanding of spreadsheet and database software. Capability of developing proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
• Ability to multitask and work without direct supervision.
• Ability to work, on occasion, flexible hours which may exceed 8 hours in a day, 5 days a week or 40 hours in a week.
• Ability to maintain a consistent professional manner and approach.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to quiet. The work space may be located within a variety of office locations, including a home office.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain professionalism and confidence at all times. Readily adaptable to change.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Team and customer focused with a collaborative work style.
• Experience in managing multi-site locations, and managing multiple vendors and capital projects.
• Familiarity with and understanding of building systems.
• Ability to bring experience in real estate industry best practices to improve the performance of the portfolio.
• Self motivated. Good communications and interpersonal skills, able to communicate from local business leaders to senior management and maintain excellent client relationships.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Jones Lang LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Jones Lang LaSalle is an equal opportunity employer and committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. Jones Lang LaSalle strongly believes in equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, training, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
Jones Lang LaSalle provides real estate without borders. The company's services include commercial real estate brokerage, management,...