Job Category: Services & Consulting
Location: Annapolis Junction, MD, US
Job ID: 795251-81652
Division: Services & Support
We are actively seeking a Senior Consultant with a passion for .NET application development. The successful candidate will work with our customers to empower organizations to innovate and gain competitive advantage through leveraging the .NET development platform framework. We have been successful at demonstrating the superiority of .NET over JAVA and need skilled developers capable of furthering our growth in this space.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate proficiency with or quickly learn advanced .NET architecture, design, coding, and debugging. This candidate’s ability to impact system architectures, investigate system-wide technical problems, and develop new features is key to the role. Additionally, the role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to develop a solution by mapping a customer’s business problems to an end-to-end technology solution.
Each consulting engagement is customized to serve the client’s unique needs. The successful candidate will be expected to participate in engagements by demonstrating knowledge of:
- Strong understanding and experience with the .NET 2.0 and 3.0 framework.
- Strong experience with the C# programming language and object-oriented programming. Experience with Visual Basic.NET or other .NET programming languages is helpful.
- Broad understanding and experience with Microsoft Windows and other Microsoft technologies.
- Experience developing Microsoft Office based solutions.
- Experience developing database applications using SQL Server. Experience with Oracle or DB2 is helpful.
- Experience developing interoperable solutions with Unix/Linux and/or Java using web services, COM/Java interop technologies, and/or TCP/IP sockets is desirable.
- Advanced debugging skills. Ability to debug system-wide technical problems in unfamiliar areas.
- Ability to diagnose and correct performance problems.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong understanding of Team Foundation Server or other source control mechanisms
The role requires a technically strong Consultant who is resourceful, confident under pressure and has demonstrated skill in Application Development.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and will be required to hold or be able to satisfactorily complete a US Government Security Clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) at the Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information Level. The position will require travel to customer sites. The selected candidate must be able to start within 30 days of offer acceptance.
SS: PSS: MCS
Microsoft - 2 years ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...