**PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES THROUGH INDEED or to email@example.com.
GOTO RUCKUSWIRELESS.COM/CAREERS **
Ruckus Wireless is seeking a Helpdesk Technician to assist in supporting our rapidly expanding internal IT systems and end user systems. Based out of Headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA, the ideal candidate will be responsible for provisioning, installation/configuration, troubleshooting, operation, backup, restore, support and maintenance of end user Linux and Windows based systems, various software packages and related IT infrastructure.
- Provide intermediate level helpdesk support services.
- Provide first level of support for problems reported from end users.
- Assist in minimizing downtime and software failures.
- Identify problem tickets from emails, phone calls and ticketing system
- Resolve and/or assign trouble call ticket to the appropriate technician.
- Install, document, maintain and troubleshoot end user systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical queries from local and remote users.
- Provide rotating emergency on-call support for region.
- Perform field work to include installation, replacement and relocation of equipment of IT equipment.
- Perform analysis, implementations, evaluations, integrations, end user support services and documentation.
- Perform maintenance, installation and upgrades as required.
- Perform administrative documentation as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.S. in Computer Science plus 2-3 years in a similar support role or equivalent experience
- Good understanding and working knowledge of operating systems such as Redhat, Fedora, Ubuntu Linux, Windows XP and Windows 7.
- Good understanding of general software packages – MS Office, Adobe suites, etc…
- Experience PC repair, on maintenance covered PCs
- PC hardware and software integration
- Software installation configuration and troubleshooting
- Printer installation and maintenance (bar code, laser, label, etc.)
- Install and configure print server
- Perform recovery or rebuild of damaged or lost data files
- Perform system/workstation upgrades and new releases
- Requires helpdesk, software & hardware knowledge, as well as client setup on a server / client based system.
- Demonstrate good communications skills (verbal and written)
Ruckus Wireless, Inc - 15 months ago