Sales Engineer for Linux/Open Platform Solutions
SUSE, an Attachmate Group company
We are seeking an exceptional individual to serve as a presales technical expert in the sale of our SUSE Linux products to a variety of clients throughout the US & Canada. You will work closely with assigned sales reps in evangelizing Linux in general and SUSE Linux in particular with new and existing SUSE customers.
You will conduct product demonstrations, help the customer’s technical staff address infrastructure and integration issues and provide proofs of concept to meet the customer’s needs.
You and your assigned sales team will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales targets on a quarter-by-quarter basis. You will be part of an aggressive sales organization, but will remain, at the core, a technical expert who actively participates in the sales process.
- Provide highest level of technical knowledge of SUSE’s Open Platform Solutions especially SUSE Linux.
- Drive revenue of assigned products in category specialty while working with several sales colleagues.
- Work with partners, consulting, support, and education to identify, initiate and qualify new opportunities within accounts.
- Initiate and/or assist in proposal creation for creative integrated solutions within the product set of the assigned category.
- Take a pro-active leadership role in designing, creating, installing, and supporting Proof-of-Concept/Product Pilots in pre-sales opportunity assessment.
- Communicate and demonstrate the technical features and customer/partner benefits of SUSE products and solutions to solve identified customer problems and achieve customer/partner opportunities.
- Drive expert-level communication of customer/partner feedback and market experience to product management organization within SUSE.
- Identify new opportunities that can be satisfied by SUSE solutions, products, and services.
- Provide sales, enablement and training assistance in partner opportunities as leads are qualified and pursued.
- Provide product and solutions knowledge transfer to customers, partners, SUSE sales people, and peers as it relates to positive opportunity development and revenue.
- Participate in marketing events including trade shows, seminars and conferences as subject matter expert.
Reports to the Director of Sales Engineering for North America, based out of Detroit.
- First and foremost, a technical expert who can operate effectively in a sales environment
- Deep knowledge and recent certifications in Linux (SUSE preferred, but other versions acceptable), Windows, common virtualization platforms and state-of-the-art management solutions in these environments.
- Experience with open source software in the enterprise environment
- Minimum 3 years experience in Sales or Presales or Technical Support roles
- Solution architecture and implementation experience
- Excellent networking, presentation, and communication skills
- Strong sales orientation
- Highly self-motivated and results-oriented
- Bachelors degree in technology or comparable experience
- Willingness to travel 30%+
Suse - 14 months ago
With more than 340 employees, SuSE Linux AG is one of the world's largest Linux specialists. Thanks to its stability and quality, SuSE Linux...