Please take the time and read the opportunity advertisement. Proper resume response which addresses items listed below and format is required.
The successful candidate will have substantial experience administering UNIX and Linux servers in a heterogeneous environment that includes admin and deployment of virtual servers. 8 years of experience with solid System administration skills, Solaris Unix and RedHat Enterprise Linux with the ability to multitask and at times lead tasks in a large scale enterprise environment. Good communication and documentation skills (both written and oral).
There will be times when support activities may involve travel to a Computing Center outside of the DC area but very seldom, provides technical Unix and Linux administration support to developers, system architects, end-user, and various internal and external projects. At times, off shift work may be required. This position is primarily M-F, 8-5 in a Lanham Maryland location.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Experienced in Sun Solaris version 8, 9, 10 and/or 11, RedHat Enterprise LINUX 4,5 and/or 6 and some limited Windows Server administrator experience with advanced knowledge of Clustering in Solaris and RedHat (KVM/XEN), Sun Solaris and RedHat Enterprise Virtualization configuration, installation, deployment, troubleshooting and system management, imaging, patch management, implementing secure configurations and shell scripting.
- Solaris UNIX (Certified administrator is a plus but not required)
- Red Hat Enterprise Experience (Red Certified Engineer is a plus)
- Day to day, hands on UNIX and LINUX Operating System experience in a large enterprise (datacenter) environment
- Advanced knowledge of UNIX and RedHat LINUX Clustering and virtualization (RHEV), package creation and LVM maintenance.
- Installation of Solaris and RH Linux Packages
- Test and installation of required OS
- Test & install of application patches
- Advanced knowledge of hardware configurations and installation of HP and Dell server systems
- Advanced knowledge of routine UNIX administration tasks
- Knowledge of Symantec Netbackup Administration on a UNIX/LINUX platform a plus.
- Working knowledge of OS patch management and implementation
- Working knowledge of change management principles
- Monitor the Local Area Network, Wide Area Network, and telecommunications and resolve issues.
- Create user logins and security and control access to the network infrastructure
- Experience with web servers including Apache/Tomcat. Experience with support in a shared Windows / UNIX / Linux environment
- Skill in one or more scripting languages (bash, Korn, C-Shell, perl) is also a requirement.
- Experience with Imaging, Scripting, RH Kickstart, OS jumpstart, Satellite Server
- Application installation experience in a UNIX/LINUX enviroenment, applications such as Oracle
- Networking experience: WAN, LAN, LDAP, DNS, VPN, SAN, NAS, NetApp, Veritas, NIS/NFS/SAMBA, etc.
- Additional experience with Storage Area networks (SAN) and EMC Networker or other backup software is desirable.
- Additionally, experience with the following is beneficial but not a must have: (zones/containers, LDOM, optimizing resources), Veritas clustering/configuration Websphere, SiteMinder/eTrust, MQ Series, Tivoli.
- Vendor management escalation
- Ability to lead and work as a team member in a fast paced environment.
- Possess technical aspect of systems analysis and design; interpreting business applications, operating systems and network designs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A bachelor's degree in a computer-related or equivalent technical certification and/or 8 years plus related work experience. Professional certifications in Unix and Linux (RHCE or equivalent will be a plus.)
- This position will require limited physical labor associated with data center lab components and network / Fabric cabling and maintenance.
- This position requires a minimum background check upon hire and so the candidate must be a US citizen or a current green card holder, with decent credit history and with clean criminal record check.
Please apply with your resume in the following format:
2) Summary of tools, network, software and hardware experience. Work history in chronological order
3) Company Name, Location (city, state), Position Title, start-date to End date, related tasks performed at this specific job. Please highlight your UNIX and Linux administration related duties for each task.
EXAMPLE: (* Please note the following is an example...)
===============================================BEG. OF EXAMPLE
IT Everywhere Company January 2010 -- Present
UNIX System Administrator
- Manage 250 UNIX and Linux Servers
- Perform Patch Updates, Backups, Imaging, etc.
- Manage User Accounts, Groups and LDAP
- Linux and UNIX infrastructure design and management.
- Perform advanced provisioning and automation.
- Perform advanced virtual host solutions. Etc.
IT Global Company February 2008 -- December 2009
Little Rock, AR
Linux System Administrator -
2000+ Red Hat, Suse, Fedora, AIX and Solaris servers.
- Security strategy, hardening and remediation.
- Worked with: RHEL, RPM, RHEV, KVM, Kickstart, Kerberos
- Worked With: Cisco UCS, TSM, Subversion (SVN), NFS, Samba, Red Hat Satellite, RHEL, iSCSI, multipathd, Solaris 10, AIX, SLES, RHEV, Make, Heartbeat 2, LVM, LDAP, Infoprint, E-DMZ, Iozone, Iperf.
- Configured Windows 2003 Server in a lab environment
- Led and trained a team of SAs
===========================================END OF EXAMPLE*
This opportunity pays $60/hour as a 1099 (Independent contractor) on a full-time basis (40/hrs per week). The candidate will also be paid for overtime work at the same rate as long as the project manager approves the extra hours. The job is temp-to-perm where after six months the candidate will have the opportunity to become a W2 employee of our client as long as the candidate performs as expected; the salary negotiation with the client will be strictly between the candidate and the client at that time. The client may also choose not to exercise this option and allow the candidate to stay as an independent contractor via our company for however long the client deems.
Please apply with the proper resume, and address the technical requirement listed above as much as you can within your resume and work experience section. Your resume is the key for you to get the interview, so please take your time and make sure it responds properly to the requirement.
Thank you for applying.