The Huffington Post is looking for a news editor to publish content, follow news, and write headlines on our widely-read front page.
HuffPost's homepage updates constantly and features a diverse range of stories from all of our verticals as well as other sites around the web. Candidates for the front page positions should:
- be passionate news junkies, familiar with all of the web's top news sites and blogs, and with current national politics and business news
- be obsessed with the social web and finding news through Twitter and Facebook
-be comfortable in a fast-paced, creatively demanding work environment that requires meticulous attention to detail
- have a keen sense for how to make news compelling using images, headlines, and other publishing elements
- have extensive knowledge of social media sites and ideas about how to engage HuffPost's reader community in the news of the day
- be knowledgeable about the content and headlines typically featured on HuffPost's front page
- 2+ years experience in online journalism, very strong writing skills, eagerness to learn and take risks
-Schedule would be 5PM-1AM Tue-Fri and then 10 AM - 7 PM, Sat
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...