BACKGROUND POSITION INFORMATION
Position Title: Digital Commerce Specialist
Normal Work Schedule
Qualified candidates must be dependable and willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays if needed. 24/7 on-call support rotation may be required.
ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
This position will be the primary contact for a group of sites/region. This position will analyze the overall site/region workflow and campaign strategy. Campaign analysis, reporting and optimization will be the primary focus. Tier 2 support. Serve as an escalation point for campaign analysts.
PRINCIPAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proof of concept testing of new products, platforms and ideas
- Implementation of new products across DFM footprint
- Full rollout of new products
- Manage and maintain functional relationship with all third party vendors and customers
- Oversees the day to day ad operations are running smoothly
- Second tier of technical support when needed
- High level access and maintenance of all ad serving platforms used by DFM
- Advanced technical support and troubleshooting of large scale client ad operations issues
- Internal and External technical training for all levels of users via Webinar or Video
- Design and develop documentation of all DFM ad serving products and practices
- Manage Ad serving platform new releases
Primary contact for the site/region for all online advertising requests using a helpdesk application.
- Utilize the DoubleClick (Google Ad serving) web based interface.
- Utilize the APT (Yahoo! Ad serving) web based interface.
- Tier 2 Level Ad Support.
- Perform advertising reporting and analysis through excel reports from APT for each site/region.
- Monitor and address any APT and DFP system alerts.
- Identify potential campaign risks/conflicts and notify customers.
- Locate and provide reporting to help with more efficient site utilization for our customers.
- Troubleshoot any ad issue that affects delivery, reporting or campaign fulfillment.
- Schedules communication with customer(s) on a daily/weekly basis.
- Assists with building, testing, implementing and supporting any 3 rd party Ad tags.
- Work with customers and support team on advertising issues and communicate to customer status updates.
- Assists in testing and makes corrective suggestions on all creative functionality.
- Assists the Project Manager with tasks, and performs additional tasks as directed by the Director, Digital Commerce Platforms.
- Creates documentation based on the developed application to communicate how the application works.
- Reviews documentation and training materials for technical accuracy and completeness.
- Performs one-on-one web training with customers, AdTaxi, Ad Op’s and MNGi teams as well as creating training videos as needed.
- Assist with covering after hours support.
- Act as a point of contact and lead assigned projects.
- Train new campaign analysts.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on a specialized task or technology.
- Help develop new training material for ads team.
Number of Associates Supervised: 0
Financial responsibilities: Expense Reporting
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The environmental factors and/or physical requirements of this position include the following:
- 0% Travel
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; and the ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light weights of up to 10 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information. The associate frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Requires close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and visual inspection.
- Occasional moderate job stress due to deadlines, downtime and number of escalated issues from off-site locations.
- Must be able to attend the work location during normal business hours and be on-site to engage in personal interaction with others and as part of a team.
Frequent interaction with on-site and off-site staff to include: Director, Manager, Digital Commerce Specialist, Developers, Newspaper Staff
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The minimum education preferred to be considered for this position is: Minimum of 2 years of college coursework with working knowledge of the internet and/or combination of education and experience that enables performance in all aspects of the position.
Specialized or technical knowledge, credentials or licensing required for the position include:
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to details is a must.
- Knowledge of standard business practices and operations.
- Ability to formulate and adhere to standard operating procedures
- Ability to work in a team and to build good working relationships.
- Initiative and flexibility in completing assigned tasks.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to multi-task and resolve issues quickly.
- Communicate status of all work to customers, Project M anager and Director, Digital Commerce Platforms.
- Good presentation skills
- Strong understanding of the ad serving process utilized by MNGi clients.
- Demonstrate ability to “own” projects and follow project plans, ensuring that timelines are met with expected results
- Ability to beyond the basics of a project and understand the big picture.
- MS Office
- Intermediate HTML
- Intermediate Excel
- Familiar with multiple browser types
- Basic web development and graphic skills a plus
- Knowledge of Cascading Style Sheets a plus
- Basic knowledge of flash a plus
- Knowledge of APT and DART ad serving systems.
- Intermediate knowledge of NGPS
The minimum number of Years and/or Months of Prior and Related experience preferred to be considered for this position is:
- Previous experience in an Internet and/or technology company is preferred.
Digital First Media
- 2 years ago - save job