High school (G.E.D.). At least 6 months to one year experience in health information management, medical records or clerical office experience.
Previous experience with imaging equipment preferred.
Primary Job Functions
Travel to various PMG Sites and offer support in the following:
• Responsible for scanning all records into the Horizon Patient Folder (HPF) on a daily basis. Maintain daily workflow, insuring that records are scanned in a timely and efficient manner to avoid delay in further processing. Scans documents into document imaging system.
• Assembles health records in appropriate batches for scanning into HPF per departmental guidelines. This includes batching and prepping all records in preparation of scanning into the Horizon Patient Folder (HPF) on a daily basis. Maintain daily workflow, insuring that records are prepped in a timely and efficient manner to avoid delay in further processing.
• Provides complete clinical information to facilitate organizational ability to meet financial and legal requirements. Organizes and standardizes information format to facilitate easy access to clinical information by using all applicable software. Accesses Horizon Patient Folder and other information systems in order to locate patient information and health records.
• Must be familiar with the daily maintenance of scanners health information scanners. Understands and interacts with selected software applications in daily job assignments.
• Delivers prompt and courteous responses to telephone and/or fax inquiries for clinical information. Provides complete patient information in a timely manner to authorized caregivers to facilitate patient care. Retrieves health records for patient care and other authorized users.
• Safeguards patient confidentiality.
• Responsible for maintaining an organized work environment that supports easy location of clinical information.
• Conforms to all PHS policies and procedures including Federal and State HIPAA guidelines. Complies with PHS retention and record destruction policy.
• Performs other functions as required, such as providing assistance to co-workers in all areas of medical records.
Presbyterian Healthcare Services - 13 months ago