Senior Software Engineer
The Visual and Parallel Computing Group (VPG) Intel® Many Integrated Core (Intel® MIC) software engineering group develops and validates high performance computing software (µOS/ embedded OS, device drivers, libraries, applications, tools, etc.,) for highly parallel x86 (Linux and Windows) platforms utilizing Intel® Many Integrated Core Architecture (Intel® MIC Architecture) processors.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who has the passion for software development and a background in kernel/ user mode device driver and/ or application software development to support the design, implementation and maintenance of System Management, Configuration and Control Software, OEM/ ODM/ manufacturing software/ tools as part of the Intel® MIC software package. In this role, you will have an opportunity to contribute to our current and future high performance computing products. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Understand the hardware and software architecture of the product
- Design, develop and sustain Intel® MIC System management, Configuration and Diagnostic software
- Design, develop and sustain application code on Linux and/or Windows
- Create high/ low level design documents, unit/ integration test plans and test code
- Participate as well as drive design and code reviews
- Scope tasks and provide SW estimates to get task completed, as well as track schedules against milestones
- Collaborate with other senior technical leads as well as drive projects and deliverables independently
- Solid written and verbal communication for expressing technical ideas and initiatives
- Become adept in Agile software development practices, and team processes based upon Scrum
- Mentor junior engineers in the team
- Work in a diverse team environment, as well as independently
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience would be obtained through your work in previous companies/ roles, educational level research and/ or relevant job experiences.
You must have a Bachelor's degree with at least 7 years or a Master's degree with at least 5 years of relevant software development experience, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree.
-Prior experience in leading a small team of software developers
-Demonstrated experience in C/C++ development on Linux and/or Windows platforms
-Demonstrated experience in API/ SDK development and HW / SW Interface
-Demonstrated experience in low-level programming - for ex. programming flash, hardware/ memory diagnostics, hardware register programming, etc.
-Demonstrated experience in translating software architectures spec into high level/ low level design's and implementation
-Good understanding of Intel Architecture (IA)/ processor concepts
-Comfortable task switching and managing multiple tasks at the same time
-Solid written, verbal and presentation skills for expressing complex ideas and initiatives to audiences of varied technical skills
-Experience with cross platform development (Linux/ Windows)
-Experience with Linux or Windows kernel and user mode programming
-Experience with Qt, Python, Perl and/ or similar scripting languages
-Experience developing Reliabiltiy and Stability software
-Experience developing Remote Manageability Software
Feb 14, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
Intel - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...