The Credit Risk Rating Manager is responsible to plan, manage and direct select Risk systems and processes. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of cross-departmental team members and consultants to deliver outcomes according to plan.
1. Daily manager of the Commercial Loan Risk Rating systems and processes for Great Western Bank.
2. Act as administrator, trainer and liaison for the Bank’s commercial loan spreading software and the Bank’s risk rating models.
3. Assist with the credit analysis of potential bank acquisitions.
4. Draft and submit proposals and recommend subsequent changes where necessary.
5. Proactively manage changes, identify potential challenges and devise contingency plans to mitigate risk for Great Western Bank.
6. Effectively communicate relevant information to superiors including difficult/sensitive information.
7. Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
Qualifications / Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, or related area or equivalent experience required. Graduate Degree coursework highly desirable.
2. Five to Ten years banking or other financial industry experience. Credit Analyst experience preferred.
3. Experience with Moody’s’ spreading software desired.
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be a self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills.
5. Advanced Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) skills; database querying experience.
6. Working knowledge of bank products and services.
7. Must be a self-starter with effective time management skills.
8. Core Banking software systems experience required; experience specifically with Jack Henry preferred.
Great Western Bancorporation is the holding company for Great Western Bank, which operates about 200 branches in Iowa, Kansas, Missouri,...