If you are an experienced software development engineer who is passionate about Linux, virtualization, scalability, performance, and cloud computing, then this is the job for you.
The Linux Kernel and Operating Systems team is responsible for developing, building, configuring, testing, deploying, and supporting the hypervisor, kernel, and Linux images that run the Amazon E-Commerce platforms and Amazon Web Services. We’re a small aggressive team that makes things happen, with a preference for building tools and automation whenever possible to do the product building, testing, deployment, monitoring, and support.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Linux Software Development Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be innovative and have great problem solving and analytical skills, and be able to debug problems using a variety of techniques. They will be able to develop solutions in Python and C, as well as being familiar with C++, Java, and Ruby. They will be comfortable with the Linux operating system and user-level tools, and are confident using and configuring Linux installers and build tools. Specific in depth knowledge of the use, design, and development of Xen and Linux kernel internals is desirable for this role.
We are changing the way that people use computers and the Linux team is at the core of pushing the future of our technology platform--come help us make history!
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 4 years of industry experience focused on Linux.
- Expert C or C++ programmer.
- Proficiency in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software and management tools. Scripting proficiency with shell and either Perl or Python.
- BS in Computer Science.
- 5+ years of industry experience focused on Linux.
- Proficient with C, C++, Python, and Ruby.
- Experience with large scale virtualization.
Amazon.com - 19 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...