The Shift Coordinator provides
direct care, leadership, and direction for all Behavioral Health
Workers on his or her assigned unit(s) and shift.
1. Actively supports, promotes
and works to fulfill the Mission, Vision and Values of Midwest Center
for Youth and Families.
2. Provides excellent customer service
to internal and external customers.
3. Actively promotes
customer service throughout Midwest Center for Youth and Families by
practicing team building.
4. Meets all competency requirements
annually per department standards.
5. Demonstrates commitment
to the Service Excellence program.
Functions and Responsibilities
1. Assesses the number and
skill level of personnel needed to provide quality patient care on
each unit and collaborates with a supervisor to adjust unit
2. Protects confidentiality of patients.
Performs related clerical duties consistently, accurately, and neatly
for each assigned unit.
4. Coordinates care giver
responsibilities and delegates responsibilities to assure overall
quality of care for patients on each unit.
documentation as required.
6. Maintains patient charts of each
7. Assists in maintaining cleanliness of the unit(s).
8. Assists in transportation of patients to scheduled appointments
9. Assumes Behavioral Health Worker
responsibilities as assigned.
10. Maintains professional
standards of care, performance, and attitude.
functional analysis forms are completed on patients of each assigned
12. Ensure individual programming and intervention plans
for patients is followed by all staff.
13. Assists with patient
staffing when needed.
14. Assists with coverage for staff
15. Interfaces with patients, families, guardians,
referral sources, Medical Staff, and all disciplines concerned with
patient care. 16. Communicates with supervisor daily.
Ensures each assigned unit is properly supplied.
effective communication on patients to appropriate parties and
communication logs on assigned units.
Audits 3 - 4 patient charts per week.
20. Follows Corporate
Fleet Program guidelines:
on policy renewal date.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills, Experience, Licensure, & Educational
1. Bachelor’s degree in psychology,
sociology or related field
2. Must be at least 21 years
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
4. Must be self-motivated and able to follow oral and
5. Must have a valid driver’s
license, good driving record, and physical ability to safely
operate motor vehicles required.
6. CPR, First Aid, and
crisis intervention training required.
Universal Health Services - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
With dozens of health care facilities in nearly every state, Universal Health Services (UHS) isn't quite ubiquitous, but it's...