Are you ready to experience the difference? Plexus Corp. provides comprehensive product development and manufacturing services to Fortune 500 companies in the Networking/Communications, Medical, Industrial/Commercial and Defense/Security/Aerospace industries. At Plexus you will work with knowledgeable employees in a global spirit of cooperative teamwork, integrity and drive. We provide quality services to such customers as GE, Johnson & Johnson, Honeywell, Siemens, and Juniper Networks. Together we will transform our customer's cutting edge ideas into market leading products by employing a wide variety of services including product design, state-of-the-art prototyping, test solutions, board-level manufacturing and higher-level assembly. At Plexus we take pride in our employees and our services. Join our team today and experience the difference that Plexus has to offer.
The process engineering position at the site is to interface with the factory technical staff and with corporate engineering to define opportunities for standards development and cost savings. This role is typically focused on high complexity manufacturing processes and is key to the standardization and advancement of the processes in Plexus. This role is also responsible for solving high level customer / assembly specific problems in the manufacturing process.
- Lead monitoring, auditing and reporting of site conformal coating process and other processes through use of metrics
- Lead new and existing process development, implementation, and controls in support of Plexus and customer specific needs at the site
- Lead implementation of user group standards across the site and support user group projects on specific processes as required
- Mentor and train individuals in various processes, required tools, and philosophies
- Support DFx development on new and existing customer projects and RFQ's
- Lead assessments of new components for implementation into the manufacturing process
- Support site capabilities roadmap development and implementation
- Support tool manufacturing \ design through implementation of corporate standards
- Support failure analysis
- Support new customer product introductions
- Lead cost reduction projects on specific processes
- Support process qualifications and validations of both new and existing processes
- Support quote activities by reviewing and ensuring all customer technology requirements are met
- Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business
- Additional duties as assigned by management
All candidates must have legal authorization to permanently live and work in the United States without visa or employer sponsorship.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required for this position.
- Experience of 5 years or more is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met. Equivalent industry experience of 5 or more years is highly desirable.
- 2 years of Conformal Coating experience is required.
- Intermediate Electronic Assembly, Thermal, Mechanical, and Materials Knowledge
- Intermediate Communication
- Intermediate Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Intermediate Computer Skills
- Intermediate Operational Knowledge
- Intermediate Financial Insight
At Plexus we realize that our employees are the key to our continued success. That is why we provide a stimulating environment that fosters sharing of ideas, use of the latest technology and teamwork. An environment that supports employees as they take on new challenges and celebrates their successes. In addition to offering a competitive salary and bonus opportunities, Plexus offers an excellent benefits package including a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement and medical, dental and vision insurance.
Conditions of Employment
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement. All Plexus U.S. locations are tobacco free.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Plexus Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Plexus - 21 months ago
Plexus isn't perplexed by even complex contract electronics manufacturing. The company develops and manufactures electronic products...