Dell Inc. is a global provider of information technology solutions. We are currently looking for a Data Center Senior Hardware team member to join our team in Florence Kentucky.
Job Responsibilities and Duties: Works with the Hardware team and is responsible for infrastructure support including installations, troubleshooting and repair, of the data center physical infrastructure. Deploys systems based on business/user requirements. Able to establish a thorough understanding and management of customer business needs and expectations.
Candidate will be required to participate within an on-call schedule
- Provides the installation and maintenance of hardware in the data center and ensures compatibility of all communications and computer hardware/software.
- Performs troubleshooting and repairs on new and existing hardware of all manufactures gear.
- Acts as a resource for system escalation issues.
- Gathers business requirements for systems integration to the data center infrastructure.
- Investigates and resolves system problems and system performance.
- Performs root cause analysis on failed components and implements corrective measures.
- Provides ongoing information to leadership, customers, and peers regarding enhancements, innovations and solutions.
- Candidate must possess experience with server hardware repair, firmware, BIOS, RAID, server backups, and server security.
- Must possess strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills in enterprise level environments, being able to logically step through issues and troubleshoot problems by thinking outside of the box and being creative with solutions.
- Should be flexible in accommodating customer requirements and possess a drive to provide a high level of customer service, which includes working a flexible schedule that can be dictated by enterprise support issues
Minimum Certifications or Other Professional Credentials:
- Windows 2003/2008 Server Operating Systems
- Excellent Hardware troubleshooting and repair skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Technical documentation skills
- Terminal services. PuTTY
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience of 4 - 10 years’ experience. Technical certifications, such A+. Minimum 1 year of experience in systems analysis, troubleshooting, implementation, and documentation of system solutions. Fundamental knowledge of various
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Dell - 2 years ago
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...