Provide high quality and professional administrative and secretarial support to commodity team. Responsibilities include handling correspondence, scheduling meetings, maintaining appointment calendars, and performing a wide array of administrative support activities.
This is an Administrative Assistant position in the Marketing & Sales Department, reporting to Doug Glass, VP Coal and Bernardo Ayala, VP Mexico.
PLEASE NOTE: Strong administrative assistant experience is required for this position.
- Provide highly professional secretarial support, with a strong emphasis on confidentiality.
- Assist in administrative functions and special projects, utilizing Word, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Maintain appointment calendar, ensuring appointments are kept and deadlines are met.
- Provide inbound/outbound telephone assistance, and directing customers to appropriate individuals in the organization.
- Arrange travel schedules and coordinate with other personnel as required.
- Prioritize and process inbound/outbound mail and compose routine correspondence.
- Prepare personal expense statements.
- Assist in the planning of commodity group staff meetings and functions.
- Prepare weekly itinerary for the group, if required.
Required Education, Training, Experience or Skills:
- Initiate and manage special projects as required.
- 5 year(s) experience / knowledge working in an administrative position Extensive secretarial experience in a role supporting senior level management
- Proficient financial skills
- Advanced Microsoft Suite skills Strong computer skills required. Experience in Lotus Notes a plus
- Advanced time management skills Strong ability to prioritize work and manage multi-task projects
Preferred Education, Training, Experience or Skills:
- Proficient interpersonal skills Must exhibit a high level of professionalism with the executive within Union Pacific, as well as senior level customers.
- A Business School degree Technical or business school certificate desired
- 3 year(s) experience / knowledge in Marketing and Sales
Union Pacific - 2 years ago
Union Pacific Corporation (UPC) is engaged in the transportation business. The Company’s operating company, Union Pacific Railroad...