To accurately check patients in and out by verifying insurance, collecting payments, and maintaining patient records and accounts. Maintain patient flow. Provide positive patient relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet patients, provide patients initial paperwork, and obtain copies of insurance and identification cards.
- Set up new patient accounts and files.
- Print charge sheet/superbill for patient visit and pull charts.
- Balance daily patient charges (cash, check, credit cards) against computer
- File charts, paperwork, and faxes on a daily basis
- Fax a copy of the Batch Header Sheet to the corporate office nightly
- Prepare, sign, and drop the deposit in the safe on a nightly basis
- Complete cash control log and secure any cash funds nightly
- Respond promptly to customer needs; provide excellent customer service
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation.
- Observe safety and security procedures; promote a safe and pleasant work environment
- Report potentially unsafe conditions to management
- Regular attendance to ensure efficient clinic operations
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
High School graduate or equivalent. Previous medical clerical experience preferred. Basic computer knowledge, e.g., Microsoft Office. Accuracy and detail orientation. Positive customer service skills. Well-groomed appearance. Clear and articulate phone voice. Tactful interpersonal relationships.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Office environment. Standing for extended periods of time. Sitting and keyboarding for extended periods of time. Reaching and stooping for files. High attention to detail and ability to focus. Potential exposure to potentially infectious material and chemicals. Moderate noise level.
American Family Care - 19 months ago