Account Manager- Midwest; Home & Personal Care-1301280
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
***This is a home based position covering the Midwest Territory ( IL, NE, MO, OH, MI, WI, MN, IN)
The position of account manager effectively manages a mixture of both Strategic and Regional Direct Accounts for BASF Home & Personal Care to achieve or exceed the agreed upon sales plan. The individual has significant responsibility for providing strong leadership of revenue and profit objectives, and enhancing the business within the Central Region. Activities may require account management of customers with operations outside of North America. This includes key account relationships, account planning, pipeline development, customer satisfaction and support of all major sales and growth initiatives.
1) Manage a territory of strategic and regional customers to achieve or exceed agreed upon sales budget, through a collaborative selling approach.
2) Develop strategic account plans and implement agreed upon actions to optimize customer sales, generating, maintaining and converting sales pipelines in an effective manner.
3) Negotiate significant customer contracts as appropriate.
4) Formulate territory sales plans and developing accurate monthly forecasts.
5) Provide effective communication with Marketing, Technical, Supply Chain and Product Management to achieve sales targets.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- BA/BS Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or related field
- 10+ years’ experience in sales in home and personal care, managing significant accounts.
- Must have strong customer focus, entrepreneurial spirit, and proven sales track record.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to understand, analyze, and interpret financial data.
- Experienced in, and has an in-depth knowledge of the Home & Personal Care markets
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Function: SALE - Sales
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: (EM)-Care Chemicals
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company with about 112,000 employees and close to 370 production sites worldwide we serve...