Group Fitness Department Head-BER00541
As the Group Fitness Department Head, you will be responsible for creating and managing a cutting edge, balanced, and member-focused group fitness program while recruiting and developing a team of entertaining, educated, and motivating instructors.
In this position, you will run the day to day operations of the Group Fitness department and business as well as provide leadership to manage the overall direction, coordination, supervision and development to group fitness team members.
- Ensure the Group Fitness Program is successful by scheduling and monitoring classes and instructors as well as recruiting, auditioning, developing and educating instructors
- Promote Life Time programs, products and services to class participants
- Operates department within budget guidelines and tracks/reconciles the Group Fitness budget on a monthly basis.
- Complete monthly business plans and weekly objectives in support of efforts to meet/exceed KPI expectations
- Complete monthly equipment inventories and communicates needs to General Manager
- Degree in kinesiology, sports medicine, or related field
- Minimum of one year group fitness management experience
- Minimum of one year of group fitness class instruction experience
- Primary Group Fitness Certification (minimum of one): ACE (preferred), AFAA, ACSM, NETA, AEA, IFTA
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Primary Location: : NJ-Berkeley Heights - BKH - Berkeley Heights Athletic
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Shift: Day Job
Life Time Fitness - 13 months ago