The mission of the United States Air Force is to
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values --
integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
WHO MAY APPLY:
for more information.
You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered.
**Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current, Permanent, Competitive Service, Career/Career-Conditional Employee)
Appointment of Certain Military Spouse (EO 13473)
DoD Transfer (Army, Navy, DFAS, etc.--Excluding Air Force)
Employment of People with Disabilities
Executive Order (EO) 12721
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
Non-DoD Transfer (
, Dept of Labor, etc.)
Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA)
30% Disabled Veterans
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid
- A pre-employment physical examination required
- This is a Testing Designated Position. Subject to random drug testing
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate security clearance
Back to top
- The primary purpose of this position is t
o perform journeyman duties as an Electronic Integrated Systems Mechanic (EISM) in the troubleshooting, repairing, servicing, modification and testing, inspecting, and performing on equipment avionics work to include align, calibrate and inspect electrical and integrated avionics equipment.
- Aircraft Electronic Integrated systems repair and maintenance. Aircraft Inspections/Time Compliance Technical Orders.
- Performs investigation, troubleshooting and adjustments of aircraft electrical systems, components and accessories malfunctions. Performs functional testing. Ground operational checks.
- Maintains and/or controls tools and equipment. Performs aircraft maintenance duties. Cleans work area and equipment.
The hourly salary rate for this position is $ 23.05 to $26.88 per hour.
Back to top
Applicants will be rated in accordance with the OPM Qualification Standard Handbook X-118C; (e.g. WG-2600,
Electronic Equipment Installation and Maintenance Family
, dated Jun, 2012). Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most blue-collar positions, you must meet any screen-out element listed, and show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which they are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on the quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
The screen out element for this position is ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of equipment assembly, installation, repairs of transport, tanker, or bomber.
2. Skill to select the right tool for each job. Ability to use a variety of electronic, electrical or Electro-mechanical test and measurement equipment. Knowledge of tools and materials accounting and security.
3. Ability to read and interpret a variety of technical data such as schematic diagrams, blueprints and technical orders relating to the electronics trade.
Knowledge of safety and security requirements as outlined in applicable safety standards, regulations and technical orders.
4. Comprehensive knowledge of operation, capabilities and limitations of complex electronic systems complicated by a variety of multi-component assemblies and devices of the aircraft.
5. Ability to test, overhauls, calibrates, troubleshoot repair, or fabricate complete electronic systems. Knowledge of how a variety of aircraft parts, accessories and components are removed reinstalled and assembled.
6. Ability to determine when new aircraft electronic systems, and assemblies should be installed, repaired, or reworked, and the extent of adjustment required. Ability to clean work area and/or job site upon completion of work.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE
Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work.
You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Operation of crane, truck, tractor or motor vehicle may be required.
2. TDY may be required.
3. Individual may be required to work an uncommon tour of duty.
4. References to established time frames: illustrated in the duty standards are based on established job standards specified for each task.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned.
6. Electronic Integrated Systems Mechanic duties are paramount; aircraft attendant skills and knowledge will not be reflected during the recruiting process.
7. Assists in the launch, recovery and servicing of Transit Alert aircraft.
8. This is a drug testing designated position. The incumbent is subject to random testing for drug use.
Heavy lifting (45 pounds or over). Heavy carrying (45 pounds or over). Reaching above shoulder. Use of fingers. Both hands required. Excessive walking, standing, kneeling and repeated bending. Climbing, use of legs and arms. Both legs required. Both eyes required. Depth perception. Ability to distinguish basic colors. Hearing (aid permitted). If it can be otherwise accommodated, a specific physical condition or impairment will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
Outside and inside. Excessive heat. Excessive cold. Excessive humidity. Excessive dampness or chilling. Dry atmospheric conditions. Excessive noise, intermittent. Constant noise. Dust. Solvents. Solvents (degreasing agents). Grease and oils. Radiant and electrical energy. Slippery or uneven walking surface. Working around machinery with moving parts. Working around moving objects or vehicles. Working on ladders or scaffolding. Vibration. Working closely with others. Protracted or irregular hours of work.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire.
Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Back to top
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government -
for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
For additional information, click
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP):
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click
To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 8
or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants)
: Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click
for more information.
This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
HOW TO APPLY:
Back to top
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. Your Résumé
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below)
The complete Application Package
be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Wednesday, April 03, 2013
To begin the process, click the
button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the
Submit My Answers
button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click
for the required cover page.
This Vacancy ID is 861228. Fax your documents to
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire
View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire.
for the OPM Form 1203-FX., and
3. Fax all required documents to
. Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
The numbering on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire.
Section 25 of the Occupational Questionnaire restarts with number one, so when entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence.
This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately.
It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date.
You may verify your documents have been process by clicking
Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan.
Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement.
- If you submit a resume with inappropriate material e.g. photos, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
If selected, you will be required to submit the following documents to substantiate your eligibility and/or qualifications. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located
SF50, DD214, Proof of Disability, Certification of Job Readiness, etc.
If you are faxing any documents, click
for the official cover sheet to print.
The fax number is 478-757-3144
Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Air Force Personnel Center
308 N First Street
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...