Job Title: Delivery Driver
Reports To: Restaurant Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Human Resources
Prepated Date: March 1, 2013
Summary: Being a Delivery Driver at Strategic Restaurants Burger is more than a job – it's an opportunity. A chance to see what you're made of, be challenged, and take hold of your future. You will be delivering the delicious fire-grilled food directly to the customer as well as taking on other tasks to help drive the success of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities. You will give a high level of customer service delivering on our Guest Promise by performing the following duties:
- Greet customers with food, provide change, as needed, and responds appropriately to customer issues
- Packages food and drink products ordered by customers
- Delivers orders to customers in a timely and safe manner, thanks them for their business and encourages them to re order soon
- When not busy, you may go out and pass out flyers to businesses & residents to build the delivery business
- Unloads and stocks inventory items as needed
- May perform other duties in the restaurant when not preparing for and making deliveries
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Basic math skills
- Well groomed appearance
- Keen sense of direction
- Friendly demeanor
- Must have a clean driving record
- Valid Driver's License, insurance, and reliable vehicle
- Must pass Strategic Restaurants Background and Drug Test
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Keeps commitments.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Professionalism - Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision and Depth perception.