We are looking for friendly, energetic people who have the qualifications and skills that match today's opportunity. The position of Database Administrator is responsible for installing, configuring, monitoring, and maintaining MS SQL Server Databases. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, participation in design of database architecture for current and future products, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with development and business teams to implement strategic solutions. Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and Washington Federal clients.
Key functions include but are not limited to the following:
Full-time schedule; 40 hours per workweek.
- Maintain, monitor and support production and nonproduction databases and Business Intelligence services (including SSAS, SSIS and SSRS).
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving issues related to database integrity, performance, backup and recovery, security, replication, etc.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business recovery plan.
- Test backups to ensure we can meet the business recovery plan.
- Troubleshoot MS SQL Server/Oracle database service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends.
- Provide timely and accurate project status updates.
- Install and configure new SQL database Servers.
- Deploy database change scripts provided by team members/third party vendors by following our change control process.
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes.
- Prepare and maintain design, development, maintenance, and deployment documentation.
- Implements and enforces security for all of the MS SQL Databases as well as Business intelligence Solutions.
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field; or approved equivalent. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Expert knowledge in SQL Server database monitoring and performance tuning best practices.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication and High Availability strategies for MS SQL environments.
- SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints).
- SQL Development- experience in creating database architecture with associated schema as part of a software design process.
- Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching.
- Strong documentation skills are required as well as the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to assist internal and external customers, in person and by telephone, in a personable and professional manner.
- Strong communication skills.
- In-depth computer proficiency with basic business applications is required.
- Must have a valid Washington state driver’s license and be insurable under the Bank policy.
- 2+ years experience with Windows 2003/2008 environments.
- 2+ years experience with MS SQL Server 2005/2008/200R2 Databases.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Oracle 11g /12c
- Microsoft certifications desired.