pertoire International de Littérature Musicale (RILM) publishes
RILM Abstracts of Music Literature, widely recognized as the world's
most important and comprehensive abstracted bibliography on music and
related disciplines. RILM is expanding, and the new Research
Associate will be responsible primarily for executing new online
product ideas, working closely with the other Product Development
Associate, the Executive Editor, and other staff involved in this
The new Research Associate may also be involved in subscription work
and analysis, may do editorial work for RILM Abstracts, and may have
other office duties as required.
Salary: $45,000 - $55,000
• BA degree required; graduate degree preferred.
• Strong musical background is required, and library, publishing,
and particularly digital repositories experience is strongly
• Ability to work independently, but also with many diverse
personalities in close proximity in an informal but busy and
productive office, is required.
• Strong written English skills and orientation to detail, as well as
strong organizational skills, are required.
• Must have excellent communication skills and experience with
computers, particularly databases and spreadsheets.